ooooooooooo

Hello from another SD rancher.

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello Roxor folks. We just bought a 2018 Roxor with cab, etc. a few weeks ago. We noticed a discrepancy between what the 2018 manual says in its service interval chart and what it says in the procedure for changing oil. The break in oil change was at 50 hours (which was done), then in the service interval chart, it lists it as 100 hour intervals thereafter. However, in the procedure section, they list the interval at 50 hour increments. I looked up the 2019 manual and that's the interval that it is listing as well. Does that seem excessive to you guys? We don't drive vehicles hard - we're not using it for offroading, so to speak, just ranch work and maybe some trails and firewood cutting in the forest. Would love to know what you guys think.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Theres a few threads on here with the consensus that the manual has excessive oil changing. The belief is that the manual was written to bear in mind a UTV with thw associated off duty use (and abuse), however the roxor is an automotive design and tougher.

I for one, changed at 300 miles to synthetic Rotlella T6. Will change at 5000 mile intervals or yearly, whichever is first. Some stated they will change every 3000 which is fine too.

Its a diesel engine that is not stressed out to run the vehilce. The owner's manual is way too conservative for me, but I put on more regular road miles.

Reactions: SKW

CLN

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There is not one specific answer to the preventive maintenance question, every situation is different and each tech has their favorite petroleum products. No two vehicles ever experience the exact same operating conditions or drivers so you should adjust your maintenance program accordingly. Factory recommendations are basic guidelines. If you can you should learn to do your own servicing, it is the best way to learn about your vehicle and spot potential problems. I will guarantee that no one else will care more about the quality of service on your vehicle than you will. The problem that I have with SOME dealership service is that the journeyman tech's usually are assigned the more complicated repairs and maintenance jobs while the lube, oil, filter jobs are assigned to the less experienced techs. This is far more common in auto dealerships than it is in Motorcycle / ATV dealerships. I've had working experience in both for many years. You should flush and fill all petroleum fluids at first 300 miles as recommended and keep receipts for fluids and filters in case of future questions regarding warranty claims. I live in Arizona (no concerns in my area about cold weather condensation to dilute oil) and plan on engine oil and filter change minimum of every spring and fall depending on use. I'm very easy on my equipment, however Lots of DUST here so will switch to K&N air filter soon as I can find the cross reference. (Cleaner air = cleaner oil) WIX and Napa make the best oil filters but I will use Mahindra during the warranty period. NEVER EVER use FRAM!! (see youtube comparison videos). Differentials, transfer case and transmission RED LINE products in my opinion are the best way to go. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you:cool:

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well stated. Please advise a K&N filter number if you find it. I could not. I’m still on Mahindra filters, but not in any form or fashion of extreme conditions here in SC. Life is good and I love my Roxor. It is what I thought I would never find. Just like my best buds Jeep CJ his dad bought him back around 1970. We learned you could go anywhere and not destroy it if you took your time and used your head.

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello fellow rancher. Is that a Roxor cab or aftermarket? Looks good. I hope the defroster is good enough to keep the windshield clear in a storm. Our gas ATVs don't even get the oil changed that often .

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is not one specific answer to the preventive maintenance question, every situation is different and each tech has their favorite petroleum products. No two vehicles ever experience the exact same operating conditions or drivers so you should adjust your maintenance program accordingly. Factory recommendations are basic guidelines. If you can you should learn to do your own servicing, it is the best way to learn about your vehicle and spot potential problems. I will guarantee that no one else will care more about the quality of service on your vehicle than you will. The problem that I have with SOME dealership service is that the journeyman tech's usually are assigned the more complicated repairs and maintenance jobs while the lube, oil, filter jobs are assigned to the less experienced techs. This is far more common in auto dealerships than it is in Motorcycle / ATV dealerships. I've had working experience in both for many years. You should flush and fill all petroleum fluids at first 300 miles as recommended and keep receipts for fluids and filters in case of future questions regarding warranty claims. I live in Arizona (no concerns in my area about cold weather condensation to dilute oil) and plan on engine oil and filter change minimum of every spring and fall depending on use. I'm very easy on my equipment, however Lots of DUST here so will switch to K&N air filter soon as I can find the cross reference. (Cleaner air = cleaner oil) WIX and Napa make the best oil filters but I will use Mahindra during the warranty period. NEVER EVER use FRAM!! (see youtube comparison videos). Differentials, transfer case and transmission RED LINE products in my opinion are the best way to go. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you:cool:
Thank you for the reply. We do all of our own service, on everything, tractors, trucks, atv's, utv's. Couldn't agree more that we take better care of our own equipment than anyone else would. I ordered all Mahindra products to have in stock (and the synthetic oil they recommend). Still flinching at the cost of the fuel filter, but I assume there will be some WIX cross reference at some point.

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello fellow rancher. Is that a Roxor cab or aftermarket? Looks good. I hope the defroster is good enough to keep the windshield clear in a storm. Our gas ATVs don't even get the oil changed that often .
It is a Roxor cab. It was dealer installed. The heater/defrost seems good and the cab is quite tight. Don't like the windshield at this point and am contacting Mahindra about it. It's polycarbonate and flexes terribly if you go any speed at all (and I'm not talking high speed... 30 to 35). But, in general, the cab is really nice.

Yeah, we do our ATV's at 100 hours. I can't imagine doing this thing at 50's...

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It is a Roxor cab. It was dealer installed. The heater/defrost seems good and the cab is quite tight. Don't like the windshield at this point and am contacting Mahindra about it. It's polycarbonate and flexes terribly if you go any speed at all (and I'm not talking high speed... 30 to 35). But, in general, the cab is really nice.

Should probably save receipts for oil and some filters, because I'll bet if you have a mechanical claim under warranty it will be a point of contention, and you may need to BS them.

Also, yesterday morning I made an early morning trip to Rapid City. Before I left, I stopped at Black Hills Harley Davidson, still a little early for them, but they had some Roxors sitting out. One with a cab and windshield had a Curtis sticker on the windshield, as in Curtis Industries that make cabs, etc.... Suppose Curtis is or will be making a cab?

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Should probably save receipts for oil and some filters, because I'll bet if you have a mechanical claim under warranty it will be a point of contention, and you may need to BS them.

Also, yesterday morning I made an early morning trip to Rapid City. Before I left, I stopped at Black Hills Harley Davidson, still a little early for them, but they had some Roxors sitting out. One with a cab and windshield had a Curtis sticker on the windshield, as in Curtis Industries that make cabs, etc.... Suppose Curtis is or will be making a cab?
Yep, this cab is Curtis.

CLN

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Thanks for the info on Poly W/shield flex. I like OE parts but think I'll go with aftermarket with glass or OE without Poly and have DOT glass installed

Brandon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We just got our ROXOR on Saturday from Black Hills Harley. We had them install a glass windshield from On the Rox and wind shield wipers. We are very happy with it. The wind shield also has a piano hinge so if you want to lay it down on the hood you can.

Reactions: SKW