ooooooooooo

Hard Cab

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
ROXOR | Hard Cabs

For me its so close but so far. Has anybody looked into or seen one of these in person?

DSC_0548_NEW-750x563.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ROXOR | Hard Cabs

For me its so close but so far. Has anybody looked into or seen one of these in person?

View attachment 3727
Just saw this on Dirt legal website. I think there are parts of it that are well thought out and definitely a cheaper option to the ones that Mahindra is offering but I’m like you, not quite there. Looks like an after thought.
I have been working on a full door option and it’s not going to look a whole lot different than these doors but I’m just 1 guy building them in my shop. One this is for sure, there are a lot more people getting on board with the aftermarket options and upgrades which is only going to make things better and cheaper for us!
Here’s the link to the dirt legal half cab:
HardCabs Roxor Full Enclosure

B

Bister

When you add in the shipping vs free shipping on the Roxor cab (to dealer) and if you don't get heat or a/c on either one; the cost difference is about $1200. At that point I would want to see them both in person and test drive them, or at least have reviews from other folks. They are both nice looking cabs and have a few different features etc. I know the Roxor one has headliner in the roof, that would make it quieter. Not a lot of good pictures of the inside of either one. I'll be using my soft cab till it falls off though. I would have like to see one that uses the existing windshield and roof that you could buy piece by piece like Honda does. Don't need 2 windshields and roofs.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I find the price tag for many of these accessories to be withering. For those living and working in arctic climate extremes, perhaps, an enclosed cab would go well with a set of rubber tracks, transforming a $15K Roxor into a $50K Roxor. Then again, to each his own.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Roxor is selling a half hard cab on their website. It looks almost identical to this cab so Im guessing they are the same. Considering that the Roxor hard cab is half to two thirds the cost of the Roxor to begin with, its really tough to pull the lever on this one.

Im sure this is just me, but I would feel claustrophobic in this cab. I cant have a rear window that close to the back of my head. Heat and AC are interesting though, again, not enough to pull the lever. I think this would work best for a business purchase like a snow removal company or something like that where you may be able to write off the asset.

A hard top for a YJ will set you back about $2k. Obviously that wont fit the Roxor but my point is the price disparity. I mean, Yikes!

B

Bister

They are not the same cab. The Roxor cab is made by Curtis Cabs. It’s a bit different.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I find this cab to rather odd when you consider all the options easily available to them from the Thar line.

I agree. For less money they could have offered a windshield, b pillar, and doors, and then a standard cab over kit made by several different companies.

This kit is very industrial looking and the price is just way too high.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Cabs are one thing , just a hard roof should surfice. Many of us find the aftermarket windshields are lacking with a hard top. I think I have had enough of acold shower with the standard soft top....Any thoughts on which one to buy ?

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Two of the guys working for me, and sort of a third one, are pretty good fabricators and good with the plasma cutter. I'm thinking they can probably make a fairly good cab when I buy one, or freeze their asses off.....their choice. I remember when I was a kid some of the really old jeeps had homemade cabs, it's worth a shot......probably not doing plywood.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
JD has am all beat !......a modern cab should be mostly glass. Vision in the woods is way more important than afterthought steel and or plastic that blocks what you are trying to do, there is a safety factor too , take a ride in a Gator !

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My previous post does not in anyway reflect any ownership preference of a Gaitor over a Roxor. My reference is directed to the great cab enclosure JD has to offer. I had a 3800 JD for several years, loved the cab, even if the AC I’d not work, the heat was more than needed. The only negative was the glass would break from time to time depending on usage. ( We live in heavy wooded areas......, trees and brush was a problem, but worth every penny ! .