ooooooooooo

Greetings From Montana

Icy McDusty

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi folks, I'm a new owner of a used Roxor. I usually spend more time researching the purchase of something like this but opportunity knocked and I didn't go in completely unprepared, in some part from my lurking around here for some weeks. I reside in west central Montana.

I now own a 2022 all weather model that's had some accessorizing done. Most street legal equipment including the XTC push button turn signals, Diesel
Freaks Stage 1 tune, a couple other bits. Less that 2k miles. Late production with the digital gauge.

First steps are familiarization and basic maintenance and servicing for a good baseline starting point (oil & filter change, fuel/air filters, inspect/change/top off all other fluids, inspect all other running gear.

While getting those done, I'll be shopping, oh yes. First things will likely include a rear bumper upgrade and a set of half doors. After that, who knows, but I have ideas, and most of you know how quickly THAT can😅 get out of hand!

I see there appear to be other members here from MT and if any of you care to share the name of any mechanics, diesel shops, or off road shops that are Roxor friendly and in the western part of the state, I would be gratified if you would share the identity of those places. That would certaily beat trailering it to Great Falls for stuff I can't or don't trust myself to handle. I'm working on a couple local leads around here and am pretty sure the shops that will work on Kei/JDM trucks would be agreeable. More options are better though.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to participating.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Greetings :)
Looks like you are on the right track. Getting it serviced would be at the top of my list also. I have a Log Book for mine, as well as all my vehicles. I log the Date and Mileage when I do anything to it. Oil Change, Tires, Air Filter, etc. That way you do not need to wonder when you did it last. You can see just how long tires last, etc. I do not trust other folks maintenance schedules, or should I say the lack of one.
The All Weather with Turn Signals covers a lot of bases. The Rear Bumper is pretty much a must have if you use it. I have a Seeder, and a Fan Sprayer that both mount to the Reese Hitch. I also have a Hook for the Reese Hitch that is very useful dragging things. A Front Bumper with a Reese Hitch is not a bad plan either. On the front is handy for things like pulling a Deer Stand up with a strap or rope. You can see what you are doing backing up pulling things.

Since you are the owner of an All Weather with a few miles, and a couple years on it. How is the Windshield holding up? You might do a post on just the Windshield, and what you find out about taking care of it. I am sure that people considering an All Weather, or just a Plexiglass Windshield would like to know more about one. How they hold up, and how to properly take care of it. What to clean it with, and what not to. Treatments, etc.

My first Polaris Ranger (2009) had a Plexiglass Windshield. It's replacement Polaris Ranger (2015) had Glass in the front and back before leaving the dealer. I was not impressed with the Plexiglass on the first one. However I did not do any research on how to care for it either. The second Ranger was replaced by Rocky who also has a Glass Windshield.

Enjoy your new machine. Keep us posted on what you are doing to and with it.

Bob R