ooooooooooo

Grease Zerks

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
Does anyone out there know the number of and location of grease zerks? I have a "popping" sound when on a trail that really sounds like a dry suspension part and can't pinpoint the location. I've greased what I've found but haven't solved the problem. Hoping that I just missed one somewhere.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Tighten all the bolts down in the front. Lot of them are loose from the factory.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone out there know the number of and location of grease zerks? I have a "popping" sound when on a trail that really sounds like a dry suspension part and can't pinpoint the location. I've greased what I've found but haven't solved the problem. Hoping that I just missed one somewhere.
Did you grease the zeros to the bushings that are on the ends of the front leaf springs? Those are notorious for the "popping" sound.

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
Yes, greased them and have also went through and torqued everything. I was out playing yesterday and still got the popping sound.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have heard others on the forum say that when they installed the locking hubs, the popping went away. I had that popping problem, but after greasing and torqueing everything it went away, other than when I turn sharply on uneven ground. Then I get the pop again. I have a set of warn hubs, but has been too cold to put them on.

General

Founding Member
How many zerk grease fittings does the Roxor have? I found 6: one on each leaf spring at the end of the bushing bolt (x4), and one on each drive shaft where they connect to the transfer case (x2). Has anyone else found a zerk???

I bought a grease gun because I'm tired of borrowing tools. The Lincoln 1147 is a good model--I strongly recommend against buying an off-brand cheapo from the local auto parts store. I found the standard hose end to work adequately as long as you're pressing it firmly against the zerk, but some folks prefer the LockNLube tip.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NYDZS/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQ4DIM/

Devildog

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How many zerk grease fittings does the Roxor have? I found 6: one on each leaf spring at the end of the bushing bolt (x4), and one on each drive shaft where they connect to the transfer case (x2). Has anyone else found a zerk???

I bought a grease gun because I'm tired of borrowing tools. The Lincoln 1147 is a good model--I strongly recommend against buying an off-brand cheapo from the local auto parts store. I found the standard hose end to work adequately as long as you're pressing it firmly against the zerk, but some folks prefer the LockNLube tip.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NYDZS/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQ4DIM/
One on each side of rear axle next to backplate

General

Founding Member
Thank you! I found them. Like Devildog said, there's one on the right side of the rear axle and one on the left, each near the wheel, barely inboard of the brakes. The zerks are on the axle housing on the edge towards the rear of the vehicle.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just saw them when I looked just now . Thanks, how many "pumps" you think it takes?

Bailey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone added fittings for ball joints or u-joints? Or is this a wait-until-it-wears-out job where grease fittings get added after failure and replacement?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are the Mile Marker hubs comparable to Warnhubs?

Where did you purchase them from?
Yes the mile markers hubs are just as good but half the price. You will have to buy allen type bolts to hold them on thought. I got stainless ones off the internet.

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
how many pumps do you guys use to grease the two zerks on the back axle behind brakes? I usually put about 4-5. I hope that’s not to much Or to little. Usually only hit them a few times a year. I don’t pit to many Miles a year on it. all just cruising the fields of out farm. Thanks

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I first got mine I went around and pushed out all the whatever grease they had and replaced it with Amsoil grease. If you have stayed up on it I would say 2-5 at a time or until u see it squish out.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You’ll never see the grease come out of the axle bearings on the rear axle. If it comes out it’ll be inside the tube and/or behind the drum. I’d say 5-10 pumps on initial greasing in case they were on the dry side from factory then 4-5 every oil change or after being submerged in water.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Grease leak out on steering zerks, just being broad.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Grease leak out on steering zerks, just being broad.
Just clarifying since the poster above your post was talking about rear axle bearing zerks. no worries, not everyone is automotive mechanically inclined, didn’t want his next question to be why his rear brakes and parking brake no longer seem to work as well as before.

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
You’ll never see the grease come out of the axle bearings on the rear axle. If it comes out it’ll be inside the tube and/or behind the drum. I’d say 5-10 pumps on initial greasing in case they were on the dry side from factory then 4-5 every oil change or after being submerged in water.
Yes it does come out on the rear axle there is a hole on top of the axle.
Also for a clunking int he front you can't find check your sway bar. rock it aggressively by hand and if it clunks, it's probably the sway bar. have a friend watch.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.16.03 PM.png

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes it does come out on the rear axle there is a hole on top of the axle.
Also for a clunking int he front you can't find check your sway bar. rock it aggressively by hand and if it clunks, it's probably the sway bar. have a friend watch.

View attachment 9081
I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification