ooooooooooo

Grease Zerks

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hole in top of axle, A good reason to keep it greased to keep water out. I think a squirt daily if playing hard in mud or water.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Harry: thanks for posting the picture. I added grease today after adding grease last year fall (about 5 pumps). I am always cautious adding grease when I do not know how the seals are set up. In some applications, too much grease will blow out a seal.

Today, I added grease in 5-pump intervals knowing about the indicator hole. I tried to feel the hole at the rop of the axle, but could not feel it. After about 20 pumps, I I saw a thin string of grease come out the top of the axle. It was maybe 1/16 inch thick. Per the picture: add grease until grease comes out the top of the axle. Job done.

First, the hole is tiny, but works as a simple indicator. Second, 20 pumps seems a lot of grease to be added.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Harry: thanks for posting the picture. I added grease today after adding grease last year fall (about 5 pumps). I am always cautious adding grease when I do not know how the seals are set up. In some applications, too much grease will blow out a seal.

Today, I added grease in 5-pump intervals knowing about the indicator hole. I tried to feel the hole at the rop of the axle, but could not feel it. After about 20 pumps, I I saw a thin string of grease come out the top of the axle. It was maybe 1/16 inch thick. Per the picture: add grease until grease comes out the top of the axle. Job done.

First, the hole is tiny, but works as a simple indicator. Second, 20 pumps seems a lot of grease to be added.
I’ve had my Roxor coming up on three years. I haven’t had any problems, but don’t go through water often on the farm. I always have put a couple squirts in the bearings every 3-6 months depending on use, but had no idea about the holes until this thread. I cleaned all of the mud off my axle and with a mirror I could see the hole plugged with dirt. I carefully cleaned them out and got my hand grease gun and started pumping. I always use the short handle and pump for these applications. I do this for the reasons stated about blowing seals out. You can feel the resistance as you pump. Probably 15 to 20 pumps, I saw a thin string of brown grease and then my good quality Lucas grease. Glad the bearings are similar to the easy lube bearings on my trailer. Easy to keep clean fresh grease in. Go Roxor!

Tom W

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes it does come out on the rear axle there is a hole on top of the axle.
Also for a clunking int he front you can't find check your sway bar. rock it aggressively by hand and if it clunks, it's probably the sway bar. have a friend watch.

View attachment 9081
I have been giving them 5 pumps evey year not knowing about the vent hole. Went Out yesterday to pump them full and the driver side took 26 pumps an passenger took 33. I have a 2018 and only have 2,800 miles on it, tore it down and cleaned everything no water found, bearings have no damage. Thanks for your posting?. There’s always good people posting Great information on this form.