ooooooooooo

Glow plug Indicator

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just kind of curious, when you guys start your Roxor does the glow plug Indicator always come on? Almost never see my come on, even if it has sat for a few days without running. Any diesel experts out there that can educate me? My HMMWV light always comes on.

B

Bister

There will be a sensor somewhere that decides if it needs to come on or not. It has to get quite cool out, then it will come on. The Roxor doesn't actually have glow plugs, very few diesels do now, they went to a grid heater in the intake so it sucks in warm air on a cold start. When it's real cold, you can cycle the key twice to get nice warm air going in, on most diesels.

B

Bister

So the Indicator not coming on is normal I guess, nothing to worry about.
It should come on with the rest of the gauge momentarily, just to show they all work, but it won’t activate the grid heater till closer to freezing temperatures.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just kind of curious, when you guys start your Roxor does the glow plug Indicator always come on? Almost never see my come on, even if it has sat for a few days without running. Any diesel experts out there that can educate me? My HMMWV light always comes on.
Ironically, I've thought about that since I bought my Roxor, and I never once saw that indicator light up...until this morning. It was 44 degrees F at 6:30 am and I had a dilemma...should I drive the Rox, which I haven't been able to drive the last couple of days due to rain, or take the Ranger and be warm and comfy...yep, I drove in the Rox, freezing my buttocks off. Anyway, when I turned the key, for a very brief moment, that indicator remained on after all the other lights went out. So I'm pretty sure it will let you know when it's cold enough, just as long as you turn the key on and watch the display.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Lol, I had no dilemma. It was Roxor all the way. It was a nice crisp morning, but man it feels good. It was a fun drive into work. Thanks for the info on the Indicator light.

DPJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a glow/grid heater temperature question. When the temps get down around freezing my Roxor will cycle the glow plugs and sometimes I'll cycle them twice and it start fine. When the temp gets around 40 the plugs will not cycle and the Roxor still starts but runs rough and smokes bad. With the glow plugs I get a clean start even though its colder so I have a question. Is there a way to adjust the temperature that triggers the glow plugs to cycle? I'd like to cycle them at temps 50 or colder.