ooooooooooo

Fuel filter change

Tokarev

Anyone changed their fuel filter yet? How tight was the housing and what sized socket is needed?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Dan

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone ever have a problem with leaks from their fuel filter housing?

Mine has been leaking from all around the housing since delivery from the dealer. Dealer replaced housing gasket (said the original gasket was "crushed" in the housing) and it still leaked, perhaps worse than before.

Dealer now thinks that the entire housing may not be seating correctly & have ordered a replacement.

With all that's going on in the world, this whole process has taken weeks and the new housing's arrival date is unknown. So, I'm stuck.

Just wondering if this is a common problem and if anyone knows of an easy fix - maybe my dealer is missing something? Thanks!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is it properly seated? Not to insult anyone's intelligence but it might possibly be off by a hair or just not tight enough, maybe even a hairline crack (it is plastic) just a though. Let us know what the outcome is.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As far as the leaking is concerned, I would pull the housing from the filter head and make sure there are no burrs on either side, using an emery cloth to lightly smooth any imperfections on the o ring sealing surfaces. The Mahindra filter comes with a new o ring, and I would be sure to change it during every filter change. The entire body on mine seems well made, so even though it is plastic (or polymer) it is sturdy and seats well, and seems like it will function reliably. I also coat the o ring with grease to help it settle in place while it is being tightened. Like any modern diesel, do not try to fill it with fuel prior to installation. Use the bleeder screw and lift pump to fill it once once installed. The one thing I will say is once mine is out of warranty I plan on changing to a universal filter head since the filter price changed from $12 for the first one to 35 for the 2nd one, without any change in the actual product delivered. Not that universals are inferior, just that I am finding mahindra will look for anything and everything to deny a warranty claim. Best of luck!

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Be sure to give the new o-ring a light coat of oil prior to sealing up the housing, it will go on much easier.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is it properly seated? Not to insult anyone's intelligence but it might possibly be off by a hair or just not tight enough, maybe even a hairline crack (it is plastic) just a though. Let us know what the outcome is.
There's a dealer crayon mark to just match it back up