ooooooooooo

Front wheel stud replacement

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When removing one of my front tires off today (as part of replacing the factory shocks with Ranchos), a couple of the wheel studs came loose. I think somebody at the factory got overzealous with tightening down the lug nuts...

So, after the "fun" task of drilling out the studs to get the lugs and tire off, now I'm faced with replacing a couple studs. However, I'm not 100% sure how to go about getting access. It looks to me like I need to pull the whole wheel hub off, so that's what I started to do. I started by pulling off the Mile Marker I added a couple months back, and then got to a big nut. Since I'll need to get a tool for that nut to proceed, and since I've never done anything like this, before going any farther I just wanted to check with the pool of wisdom here to be sure that I am going about this the right way--or if I'm missing something obvious for easier access to remove/insert the studs.

Thanks!

IMG_1962.jpegIMG_1964.jpeg

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Judging by the pictures, I would say yes. It then looks like you’ll have to separate the rotor from the hub. I would check those holes closely where the studs go in, if you’re new studs go in easy you might need more parts and pieces. Seems to me this should be covered by the warranty...

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'd be going after warranty for that rather than dealing with it myself.

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seems to me this should be covered by the warranty...

I'd be going after warranty for that rather than dealing with it myself.

Thanks for the suggestion; pursuing a warranty repair is probably the "better" way to go. There are two local dealers listed on roxoroffroad.com, both part of the same parent company. Unfortunately, when I called one location to inquire about warranty service they said they are no longer a dealer, and when I called the other location they said they are not sure if they are a dealer anymore (and that they would get back to me; they haven't yet...).

So, it's looking like warranty service would probably involve hauling the Roxor three hours out-of-state to the dealer I bought it from, which I'm not thrilled to do for something like this. I have new stud bolts, lug nuts, and a big socket for the spindle nuts ordered. Hopefully the bolt holes in the hub are fine, but it will be hard to tell until I can get the old bolts out.

B

Bister

Thanks for the suggestion; pursuing a warranty repair is probably the "better" way to go. There are two local dealers listed on roxoroffroad.com, both part of the same parent company. Unfortunately, when I called one location to inquire about warranty service they said they are no longer a dealer, and when I called the other location they said they are not sure if they are a dealer anymore (and that they would get back to me; they haven't yet...).

So, it's looking like warranty service would probably involve hauling the Roxor three hours out-of-state to the dealer I bought it from, which I'm not thrilled to do for something like this. I have new stud bolts, lug nuts, and a big socket for the spindle nuts ordered. Hopefully the bolt holes in the hub are fine, but it will be hard to tell until I can get the old bolts out.
Why don't you shoot an email off to customerservice@roxoroffroad.com and see if they have a new or different dealer closer to you and tell them the problem. I have had good luck if I emailed them with questions, nothing quite like you have though.