ooooooooooo

FOUND A PIC OF DAD IN HIS 1965 ROXOR.

TeamNeagle

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Our Country sure could use more people like your Family! Thanks for sharing the Pictures, Sorry for your loss, May God Bless you and your Family!!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. He accomplished a lot during his long life.

HOOAH!

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Dad's Obit: He did a lot!

Nils “Jack” Erickson passed away peacefully on September 23, 2020. He is survived by his children Craig and his wife Leigh and Marc and his wife Ann. He was preceded in death by Marian, his wife of 44 years. Jack was born in Dallas, Texas to Oscar and Gladys Erickson in 1926 and spent his entire life in the Dallas area. He went to North Dallas High School where he was a member of ROTC. He enlisted in the Army in 1944 and served in the Philippines during the Second World War II where he was awarded the Bronze Star. Right out of the Army Jack joined the Texas Army Reserve attaining the rank of Captain and finished his 35 year Military career with the Texas National Guard in 1979 as the HHC Command Sargent Major of the 49th Armored Division.

Jack had a long successful career at Texas Instruments spanning 30 years from 1959 to 1989. He worked as a draftsman / engineer in airborne radar and made many lifelong friendships with his coworkers which he maintained until his passing.

Jack who along with his wife Marian went from being early Allen Steen black belts to founding their own system and school, the “Dragon School” of Tae Kwon Do in 1976. Training not only under Mr. Steen but also under Jhoon Rhee and Ye Mo Ahn, he earned high-dan levels in Chun Do Kwan and Moo Duk Kwan. Jack was an original board member of the American Karate Black Belt Association and a Board of Advisor for the American Karate and Tae Kwon Do organization. He attained the rank of 9th degree in both the AKBBA and the AKATO and was inducted into the Karate Masters Hall of Fame in 2007. Ever the Gentle Giant, Jack inspired a whole generation of martial arts practitioners in Texas. His presence would fill a room - not necessarily by anything he did, but simply by who he was. Jack summed up his teaching philosophy by saying, "When we were younger, we thought that there was only one way—the way we had originally been taught. However, the more things we see, the more we realize that the main core is the same in all the martial arts: unity of body, mind and spirit.

A memorial graveside service will be held at a later date at Restland Funeral Home and Memorial Park, 13005 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, TX 75243.

Jack will be missed by many. He was a positive role model, friend to all who met him and a beloved Father. You can be sure St. Peter will be greeted with a big smile and resounding “well hello” when Jack passes through the Pearly Gates.

I think I might have met your Dad in 1974. I was recently graduated out of the military academy and assigned to the 1/67th Armor Battalio, 1st Tiger Brigade of the 2nd Armor Division. The 49th Armor held their yearly maneuvers at Fort Hood and I was assigned to “grade” their efforts at deploying the newly standardized concept of Armored Over-watch and Bounding Over-watch instituted for use as a newly invented tactic for Reforger use projected for the European Theater ( EUSER). I remember my impression of him asking very pointed questions with excellent eye contact. I answered him very respectfully. Also, I was very impressed with the 49th overall and was reassured to know they were slated to go with the 2nd if “the balloon goes up”. Sorry for your loss. My Dad was also an Army Sgt. and I was fortunate enough to be holding his hand when he passed.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I think I might have met your Dad in 1974. I was recently graduated out of the military academy and assigned to the 1/67th Armor Battalio, 1st Tiger Brigade of the 2nd Armor Division. The 49th Armor held their yearly maneuvers at Fort Hood and I was assigned to “grade” their efforts at deploying the newly standardized concept of Armored Over-watch and Bounding Over-watch instituted for use as a newly invented tactic for Reforger use projected for the European Theater ( EUSER). I remember my impression of him asking very pointed questions with excellent eye contact. I answered him very respectfully. Also, I was very impressed with the 49th overall and was reassured to know they were slated to go with the 2nd if “the balloon goes up”. Sorry for your loss. My Dad was also an Army Sgt. and I was fortunate enough to be holding his hand when he passed.

Well that's cool! He was 6'3" tall plus boots and helmet. lol. I was fortunate as a 10-12 year old kid to go on a few trips to Ft. Hood with dad and watched all kinds of full scale war games, some lasted 2 days straight. It was tough for a kid to stay awake all night and the next day but I did. Great times.

I remember one trip to the East Texas armories on a weekend where dad was giving some classes and he had this SWAGGER STICK he made from a 50 cal. FMJ bullet and a drilled baffle shaft with a laced leather handle. He was smacking it on the podium to reinforce a statement while talking. I was like, WHO IS THIS GUY?

BDRAG

Col Remo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sorry about your dad. Sounds like he was a hell of a guy! Having been an Army enlisted man and an NCO I can tell you a Command Sergeant Major garners more respect than a General with the enlisted guys.