ooooooooooo

FOUND A PIC OF DAD IN HIS 1965 ROXOR.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
My dad passed away on Wednesday night. He was 93. Long military career. So while we are going through pics for his memorial service I found this picture of him and his twin whip antenna equipped 1965 Roxor while at Fort Hood Texas. Lol. I love it. He thought my Roxor was cool. Now I know why! Lol. Pic of his and mine. Lol.

BDRAG

JakeSol1.jpg Roxor Lift 11.jpg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Sorry for your loss my friend. :cry:

Thanks guy. It is tough. Not only did I loose dad but I lost my best friend. By the grace of God, his last 6 days were spent in the most wonderful Hospice facility. I never knew a place like this existed. The nurses and staff are truly there for the person dying. Remarkable place. Angels!
Faith Presbyterian Hospice | Dallas, TX Check out the photo and virtual tour. Its a resort with hospital beds.

BDRAG

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
*hit man, this is terrible news. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a burden that unfortunately everyone has to deal with, but it's never easy.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My dad passed away on Wednesday night. He was 93. Long military career. So while we are going through pics for his memorial service I found this picture of him and his twin whip antenna equipped 1965 Roxor while at Fort Hood Texas. Lol. I love it. He thought my Roxor was cool. Now I know why! Lol. Pic of his and mine. Lol.

BDRAG

View attachment 7682 View attachment 7683
Sorry for your loss! I thank him and all the others for their service. May he rest in peace. Very, very cool pic indeed!

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

BDRAG

Thank you for sharing, so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.
Thank you for your fathers service!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
A few good pics of dad.... He is on the left in the first one. I can tell you what the discussion was at this sergeant major school but some may be offended. This was in about 1972.

BDRAG

JakeArmy3.jpg JakenUniform.jpg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Dad's Obit: He did a lot!

Nils “Jack” Erickson passed away peacefully on September 23, 2020. He is survived by his children Craig and his wife Leigh and Marc and his wife Ann. He was preceded in death by Marian, his wife of 44 years. Jack was born in Dallas, Texas to Oscar and Gladys Erickson in 1926 and spent his entire life in the Dallas area. He went to North Dallas High School where he was a member of ROTC. He enlisted in the Army in 1944 and served in the Philippines during the Second World War II where he was awarded the Bronze Star. Right out of the Army Jack joined the Texas Army Reserve attaining the rank of Captain and finished his 35 year Military career with the Texas National Guard in 1979 as the HHC Command Sargent Major of the 49th Armored Division.

Jack had a long successful career at Texas Instruments spanning 30 years from 1959 to 1989. He worked as a draftsman / engineer in airborne radar and made many lifelong friendships with his coworkers which he maintained until his passing.

Jack who along with his wife Marian went from being early Allen Steen black belts to founding their own system and school, the “Dragon School” of Tae Kwon Do in 1976. Training not only under Mr. Steen but also under Jhoon Rhee and Ye Mo Ahn, he earned high-dan levels in Chun Do Kwan and Moo Duk Kwan. Jack was an original board member of the American Karate Black Belt Association and a Board of Advisor for the American Karate and Tae Kwon Do organization. He attained the rank of 9th degree in both the AKBBA and the AKATO and was inducted into the Karate Masters Hall of Fame in 2007. Ever the Gentle Giant, Jack inspired a whole generation of martial arts practitioners in Texas. His presence would fill a room - not necessarily by anything he did, but simply by who he was. Jack summed up his teaching philosophy by saying, "When we were younger, we thought that there was only one way—the way we had originally been taught. However, the more things we see, the more we realize that the main core is the same in all the martial arts: unity of body, mind and spirit.

A memorial graveside service will be held at a later date at Restland Funeral Home and Memorial Park, 13005 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, TX 75243.

Jack will be missed by many. He was a positive role model, friend to all who met him and a beloved Father. You can be sure St. Peter will be greeted with a big smile and resounding “well hello” when Jack passes through the Pearly Gates.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A few good pics of dad.... He is on the left in the first one. I can tell you what the discussion was at this sergeant major school but some may be offended. This was in about 1972.

BDRAG

View attachment 7687 View attachment 7688
Hell yeah! Those are the guys I want to have my back!
After reading the obit, I'LL MISS HIM!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Thank you all for your comments and appreciations for a complete stranger to you.

His name is Jack. We called him by many affectionately used names. There was of coarse DAD, then one year along or about 1968, after returning from summer camp, he told us he had the best driver ever. This drivers name was Jake. Dad said, Jake, lets head over to the tank range, Jake take us over to south fort, Jake take us over to the helicopter gun range.

So almost immediately, my brother and I started saying, JAKE TAKE US TO A MOVIE. JAKE TAKE US TO 7-11, JAKE TAKE US FOR AN ICE CREAM. HAHaaaa. That one stuck! We called him that 99 % of the time from then on till he passed. Close friends also learned that Jake was accepted. Lol. Now when we wanted his attention we would say, Now JACKSON. Lol. My brother mostly referred to him in third part in this way. Well Jackson managed to loose his cable controller or Jackson has got a doctors appointment. Lol.

Above all else that dad was, he was my best friend!

BDRAG

Cheech

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

BDRAG

All of us brothers in arms will go to a special place! sorry for your loss . Thanks for sharing the pic.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

BDRAG

View attachment 7687 View attachment 7688
That's incredible! 5 years of deployment stripes and 30 years of service. I bet he was one intimidating guy. Scary room with so many CSM's in 1 place!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
If ya want to see him in a photo tribute, you can see some more great pics.
Nils "Jack" Erickson - View Obituary & Service Information

Also, from 1964-1989 He was in the Guard, worked at least 60 plus hours a week at Texas Instruments and dealt with all the Karate crap all at the same time. How the hell did he raise my brother and me up as well as he did???? HAHAaaa. He had 4 full time jobs! Wow!

Again, I am only sharing because you are all part of MY family.....

And if you ALL promise not to block or throw me off the forum I'm going to tell you what the 3 Sargent Majors are scowling about.

Are you ready? You promise? Again, this is about 1972. Well there was a female officer telling how in her opinion that the army was ready for women to move into a combat roll. o_O:oops:

When the Sargent Major in the middle was asked if he had any questions, his response was " So if you were in a close combat theater of war, how would you handle taking a CRAP in a SLIT TRENCH with a guy in front and a guy in the back of you doing the same thing? " This female office stood back from the podium, looked around the room and did an about face and never answered the question.

She was correct, just a few years ahead of her time.

BDRAG

Last edited:

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I still don't think women should be in combat rolls. I was Aviation, I crewed on Chinooks. My 2nd deployment we had 3 females. 1 was basically a dude, she could hang no problem. The other 2 couldn't do even the basic of tasks when it came down to cut the brass tax. One went back to maintenance, the other say at the TOC.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I still don't think women should be in combat rolls. I was Aviation, I crewed on Chinooks. My 2nd deployment we had 3 females. 1 was basically a dude, she could hang no problem. The other 2 couldn't do even the basic of tasks when it came down to cut the brass tax. One went back to maintenance, the other say at the TOC.

Now darnit! I told ya don't get me in trouble.

BDRAG