ooooooooooo

Flat Tow Regulation Question?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Ok. I have set up my roxor for flat towing and have probably towed it 4 times. Maybe a combo of 100-120 miles total. All in town.
So my dealer here in Texas calls and asks what the law is for towing a roxor? I told him I think it's fine as long as you add turn signals like my magnetic ones.

So this got me thinking it over and I tried finding the Texas rules. I can not find anything that tells me what is legal or not. Most reserch seems to lead to towing like by a wrecker or that type thing. I read on some forum and web sites that if Dolly Towing, the dolly or the vehicle must be tagged. Hummmmmm?

So this leads to many questions now. Since the roxor can not be registered in Texas yet, what's legal? Maybe register it as a home built trailer under 4000 lbs? Lol. Really!

I did find a section on trailer registration that says a farm trailer under 4000 lbs does not need to be registered if used as farm vehicle. So is my roxor a farm trailer / vehicle since i have a small tree farm with AG discount? I have used the roxor on roads within 25 miles of my farm since its legal for a farm vehicle to be used for farm supplies and equipment moving.

Let's get it started. Lol.

BDRAG

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you have farm tags on your pickup? That would be required to call it a farm trailer.

Harvey

B

Bister

Some places require all flat towed vehicles to be plated; if it's on a dolly, the dolly must be plated, etc, so it depends on the jurisdiction. Best is to phone your DMV for the correct answer.