ooooooooooo

First lube job

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found it amazing how easy it was to change the differential and transmission fluids. Then came the transfer case what's this? Different plugs! Why not use all the same plugs for all drain and fill spots. Finding a square post socket was interesting. Not exactly a single off the shelf item unless you want to buy it in a set. Anyway I did get the job done . Has any one found metal slivers attached to the magnets? It doesn't look like any gear chips but casing residue. The outside of the transfer cast was oily as if it had been leaking. Not a pretty sight.

Scatman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey,billy
I just bought a used roxor. Tomorrow I’m changing all the fluids. That is strange to have the square in the drain of the transfer case. I hope to find a mm sq socket to fit it. mine is oily in that area also and I had a 10 mm hex to fit the fill plug. Pinky couldn’t find oil. I’m an old Harley rider. If it’s not leaking oil, it’s out of oil. Lol.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Y’all are over thinking it. A wrench works just fine. I think I even used a crescent.

Scatman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The fill for The transfer is easy a 9/16 open end fits perfectly. The drain is a recessed square, female.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
An 8mm square (male) socket costs just over $6 on the Big online retailer.

What sells in the US as Roxor has been on the market in India under a diffenert sheet metal skin for decades. It's not worth coming up with a new design just so we can save $6.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All I was saying is from the beginning of the Roxor or what ever they called it in India changing the style of drain and fill plug for one part of an 8 part set would serve no purpose other than give someone a headache. The fill plug was not the issue the drain plug was. I made my socket using a common male hex socket and a grinder. Much faster than trying to find something in cyber space.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What is the bit needed for the drain bolt on the transmission and diffs?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found a craftsman 10mm male allen wrench looking socket at lowes that fit perfectly. I used a craftsman 3/8 allen style socket and ground it to the square shape and that worked for me. There are lots of answers to problems but the best answer is to avoid problems in the first place.

Last edited:

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don't forget the grease zerts on the rear axle. for bearings on outboard ends both sides.