ooooooooooo

Engine Operating Temp Seems Low

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed one of the Autometer 7537 gauges and now am confused.

Even after driving it way faster than I should be, all I can get the temp up to is 155. This is confirmed with a laser temp guage. Other that the exhaust manifold, the highest temp I could get on the engine was 159. Outside temp was a perfect sunny 60 degrees.

This is my first diesel engine so please forgive my ignorance.

The question is: shouldn't it get hotter than that? Did someone in India leave my thermostat out? Yes I have been to lazy to see if there is a thermostat in the engine.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The reason why people love Diesel engines is because they last longer and get better mpgs. And the reason why they get better fuel economy is because they have a higher thermal efficiency rating. Thus the engine will run cooler and take longer to heat up in the morning.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very true, i have always found it funny that a gas engine will run hot if the fuel mix is lean but a diesel will hot if the fuel mix is rich. The leaner a diesel runs the cooler it will run. However does anyone know the temp of the thermpstat on are Roxor's ?

B

Bister

I have the Roxor heater and the air coming out of it is over 180 and when I hit the core with a temp gun it read 192. Those were the temperatures while running down the road after it warmed up. At an idle the air temp is around 150, but I think that has more to do with low circulation of the coolant through the core than anything else. Rev it up a bit and it comes right back up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhayarock

I installed one of the Autometer 7537 gauges and now am confused.

Even after driving it way faster than I should be, all I can get the temp up to is 155. This is confirmed with a laser temp guage. Other that the exhaust manifold, the highest temp I could get on the engine was 159. Outside temp was a perfect sunny 60 degrees.

This is my first diesel engine so please forgive my ignorance.

The question is: shouldn't it get hotter than that? Did someone in India leave my thermostat out? Yes I have been to lazy to see if there is a thermostat in the engine.
Yes diesels are usually low rpm compared to gasoline and that's one of the reason for lower temperatures, rev it up.

For the india comment, please do check, someone might have put a GPS tracker instead. - Pun intended.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine is running around 180 going down the road.

B

Bister

For those that are checking temps, what is the cab temp and outside temp?
Thanks
I think it was just above freezing when I checked mine coming out of my heater and I didn't have a cabin yet, so it was sucking cold air through the heater.