ooooooooooo

Electric fan

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the spall electric fan and thermostat in the box, ready to put it in. has anyone done this yet? If so could you share some pictures or tips on what you did? Thanks in advance.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Remove the radiator, much easier. Also make sure you have the necessary parts to install the temp switch before you start.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Remove the radiator, much easier. Also make sure you have the necessary parts to install the temp switch before you start.
ok thanks for the tip on removing the radiator first. What extra parts should I be concerned with acquiring? Is it worth the effort to do this?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok i am confused. why do we need a new thermostat and what temp is it? where are you guys installing the sensor? why do we need the adaptor fitting? Plan to order the fan this week but need to understand this stuff.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok i am confused. why do we need a new thermostat and what temp is it? where are you guys installing the sensor? why do we need the adaptor fitting? Plan to order the fan this week but need to understand this stuff.
I am yet do install mine because I don't understand it either

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I have had my roxor in stop and go traffic for an hour at over 95 degrees. I get to where I am going and open the hood for a look. The engine is warm but not hot. The fire wall is just warm to the touch, not hot. So why do we need this?

I did 2 days in the mountains of Colorado and most was low range in 3rd gear at 10 mph. It never got hot. I have thought about gauges but so far I'm not sure the effort is really needed. Just saying.

BDRAG

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed mine just because I live in Arizona and during low speed operation I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to run into issues. It isn't a lot of effort and installs quickly and is just a little added piece of mind.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
three performance shops have tested the electric fan and all three report about a 10 hp gain, the electric fan will not wing mud and dirt all over the engine bay. the stock fan without a shroud does not cool as well, yes the Roxor shroud can fix this at about half the price as the electric fan. due to diesel engines running cool than gas the fan should not all the time and when you cross a stream or any water with the fan off you will reduce the risk of shorting out other electric circuits. and if you want you can buy programable fan controllers for better control of the cooling system. Do you need one no. almost forgot noise.