ooooooooooo

ECU PLUG DOES NOT LOOK VERY WATER TITE!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
So with everyone talking about ECU tunes and such, I went looking. Has anyone had any issues with water seeping into the plug connection?

The big wide wiring harness plug attaches and is pulled into complete connect by the built in lever which also disconnects the plug from the ECU. Looking at the way it all sits with the ECU plug end facing upwards with the deep walled recess and the plug dropping down into that recess, seems like water could migrate in and has no where to go?

The one end, the fwd end is wide open and looks to me like grunge and water could get down into the connections and cause corrosion and damage from stuff splashing into engine compartment. I may do some sort of wrap around the top end with electrical tape and or a zip lock bag over the whole dam thing, I can see evidence all over my inner fenders from the use down on the land.

BDRAG

Brett09

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Dielectric is one solution but I have found over the years in high contamination environments it can bring on it's own issues if it's used alone.

I normally use dielectric and precision applicator, think of a much smaller flavor injector for meat, and apply the dielectric to the bottom quarter of the wire side of the connector. After the dielectric is in place I fill the remaining area with of the back of the connector with encapsulating epoxy. Liquid tape works too but it looks less professional.

On the ECU side you can slip larger o-rings over the connectors coming off the ECU. When you plug back into the ECU the connector should be snug against the o-ring.

**disclaimer** being I live in ca and have no roxor dealer I can't go out to my garage and look at what your looking at (yet) to give any better advice. Try at your own risk.

Also keep in mind if you wiggle the wires and the contacts move as well you run the risk of having the contacts out of alignment once the epoxy dries. You can try doing it with the harness connected to your ECU acting as a fixture. Tape and tags are highly advised if you do.