ooooooooooo

Dust inside has to go.....

B

Bister

Ok, the dust has to go. Here’s the plan. I got a price on a new frame $300 CDN punched, formed and powder coated flat black and I’ll get the glass installed myself, about $200, vents $100. Install these horse trailer vents along the bottom, I’ll loose about 4” of glass, worth it to me. After going for A test drive in my trails and to the shack with the tape on the window, I won’t even notice the difference in the window size. Overall size 11.88″L x 6.64″w x .75″ closed. I’m just having trouble sourcing them in Canada, might have to wait till this Corona thing is over and do a border run. I do have a trailer parts supply place checking with his suppliers. I’m also going to put 2 vents in my roof. It worked in the old Willy’s and Freightliner bunks, has to work in a new Roxor. Cost should come in around $600 total in Canadian dollars ($425 US) . https://dogboxparts.com/…/1-pair-black-aluminum-popup-air-…/

3562859E-0BB7-4DFA-A28C-FF73D045A8C2.jpeg CBD3470D-9B7B-4885-98D7-CA0AF80F75E7.jpeg A2C3D152-30A0-45AE-A76D-D6CD51DA8AFE.jpeg 06F74E2E-66B4-45BC-BE29-0E5BA6921A63.jpeg DDD45ED1-3948-49A3-B231-F1D525C0ED94.jpeg 36E6258D-17EF-4552-B0D9-7355CE783570.jpeg B22AF728-C4E8-4F91-98BB-D87547F108B4.jpeg

B

Bister

What about your wipers? How that gonna work?
They are manual wipers, I can just move them up and put on shorter blades. I'm pretty sure a 12" blade will work, if not, an 11" should do it and if not, I'll drop to 10, that will work for sure. These ones actually had long arms that were cut and welded back together. I'll just do it again.

The one on the drivers side is currently a 14” (passenger side is 16"), I should be able to do it with a 12”.

55FDED0A-6268-4C60-A5A5-9E9EB5AD0377.jpeg 97D3D0DA-819D-4911-BB95-6202C0AB96AE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

Good plan, I like it.
Thanks, Right now they are just punching me out a standard frame, identical to the the OEM in dimensions, for me to put glass in. Once I get the vents and the measurement schematics, they will put that into the file and punch me out a frame with the vents holes already cut out. Both of these are prototypes. I'll post any updates in this thread. I won't be selling these, they are for my own use but maybe someone will copy me. The frames will be identical to the factory one, including the slight bend along the bottom, so it will work with any factory accessories, which I need.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm pretty sure Max A. has a plasma cutter, he may be willing to cut some of these if it works well and we ask nicely!

B

Bister

This is what I have for summer now (video). I added 4 more holes, so I have about 38 square inches of air openings. The vents I am looking at have about 30 square inches of opening EACH, so more than I have now. Other than it is not great for high speed, which I really don't need, it pretty much eliminated all the the dust. With adding 2 more vents, with 30 square inches each, in the hard roof will give a nice air flow through the passenger area. I think it's going to work awesome. I just can't find the exact low profile vent I need in Canada.

The place that is doing the frames for me, is also putting in the small bend in along the bottom so it matches the OEM and it will work with any OEM items. That was a big thing to me cause I have the soft cab and there are pics of a new half cab coming out and it use the factory windshield and hard roof.

A guy installed them in the roof of his Razor and said it works great. The two I'll be putting in the roof will both be at the front edge, basically above the ones that will be in the frame. It's the way the OEM roof is made that you can't put it in the middle. I think one on each side, a bit closer to the centre so the wind isn't right in your face, will work. Now to just try and get the vents and the template for cutting.

This has to work.

Also, once I get this all done up, I should able to get the CNC file to share. I'm just doing this for myself and not to sell. The big hold up for me is going to be getting the correct low profile vent in Canada. Once the border is open, I can get them shipped to the border and go pick them up and get on with it. Then at least I can get them installed in the roof even if it takes a bit longer to get the vented frame finalized.

Feel free to steel my idea and even just try the vents in the roof. I'm not patenting it. lol

8954FA16-1E64-4CE6-998A-BF3EDEA74753.jpegC1802BAA-08E1-468C-9047-4853B6B49B60.jpegB9344436-79B6-4A9A-9E48-2FDA8A22F1DF_1_201_a.jpeg

B

Bister

This is about the plan for location for the vents in the roof. I don't want them right in line with the passengers.

I think just the vents in the roof would take care a lot of the dust even without doing the windshield vents.

IMG_0559 2.JPG

Mtroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I checked if I shipped them to you from Montana, but it's still $50 to get them from me to you ?

B

Bister

I checked if I shipped them to you from Montana, but it's still $50 to get them from me to you ?
Yeah, I'll just bite the bullet and order 4 and get onto R&D. A few extra dollars to get rid of the dust will be worth it. I'm going to start with the 2 in the roof and I may not need any in the windshield, but might make one anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

I bit the bullet. 4 vents, $300 CDN, let the R&D begin. I'll be so happy to be able to drive down a back road and see out.