ooooooooooo

Durability of a Roxor

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How durable do guys think a roxor is?

I had an Indian vespa remake called a Stella. Very similar situation to the Roxor. It was great fun but kinda fell apart after 4 or 5 years. The electrics were abysmal.

The Roxor seems better made in general. But does anyone who know cars want to give me their opinion. What are the week points?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So far I cannot find anything wrong with it. It seem's like a perfect combination of tried and true cast iron and steel, with simple electronic fuel injection. It's not perfect in every way, but I'm sure it'll last decades, not years.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have several vehicles, and had many over the years, and from what I've seen so far it is a very well made vehicle. It seems like quality right down to the frame.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(

I had an Indian vespa remake called a Stella. Very similar situation to the Roxor. It was great fun but kinda fell apart after 4 or 5 years. The electrics were abysmal.

The Roxor seems better made in general. But does anyone who know cars want to give me their opinion. What are the week points?

The main issues I have seen and read a little about here are some early production, learning curve issues as far as assemble goes. Loose bolts on components like gas peddle, loose ground nuts on the motors, cotter keys not bent after installation. I think most have gotten better with more assemble time of employees here in the U.S. Some inner fender under coating not sticking due to lack of surface prep. All minor in my eyes.

Some will say the clutch is weak. So if you tune over the basic type re flash, look at replacing the clutch components with up graded ones. I do not have a ton of hours on mine yet. Those hours have been some what brutal and its a champ so far......

BDRAG

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have 5500 miles on mine with no problems. Been averaging a little over 30 mpg. It is used on a cattle ranch and is doing good. It replaced a Bob Cat diesel that had 1800 hours on it. There was nothing about it that didn't needed replaced or repaired. So far, I thank the Roxor will out last at least 2 of the Bob Cats and a lot more fun.

Harvey

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine is strictly a farm use tool and it's been great. I would say the dependability should be excellent, about like their tractors, outside of the wiring. It's ok but I don't care for the connectors and have greased most of them to get the most life I can out of them. I would also think those that drive on the hwy in snow areas will have issues from salt without proper prep and maintenance. Mechanically it is a fuel sipping beast, very happy.

MAGAHAWK

I've followed your posts and understand that you've had a bunch of different toys and have experienced several issues with your Roxor. Sorry, Seems like you purchased yours primarily for street use, and if so that was probably a questionable decision given the performance that you may have expected. My sense is that you are disappointed so far. No problem, I've owned well over 70 vehicles of numerous types in my day and some worked out well and some did not. Oh well .... we live and learn.

For many owners the Roxor is an off-road masterpiece in the form of a blank canvas just waiting to be completed for the owners personal use..... (just look at this forum, no two are the same) - designed for exploring, camping, hunting, prospecting and general use for outdoor activities work or play, far away from the asphalt jungle. If that's not your thing then you may be asking too much of your Roxor.

Any way, back to your original post. The history of components for the chassis and running gear go way back. It's an updated 75 year old WW2 design that has been proven to be a dependable work horse if used as intended. People looking for a high performance rig to compete with Razor Turbos and other modern off road machines will be greatly disappointed - it's a whole different ball game. (my son's 110 HP Razor flies over rough terrain at 70 MPH and rides like a Cadillac) Folks will either appreciate and understand the concept or perhaps have no idea what it's all about. Funky & slow........yeah. Fun, reliable and nostalgic time machine to get you there and Back ....... absolutely. :) Hope you have many opportunities to enjoy yours.

sandyx

Founding Member

No comparison to the Stella. Stella was made by a not so great company called LML. They did make quality licensed Vespas during early days but fell apart once the terms expired. They wound up in 2017. It got nothing on Mahindra's jeep lineage.

Your Roxor will serve you well through several decades. Just rustproof it.

read

Roxor Ownership
Do not own

Well Stella is manufactured by lohia Machines limited a company which had faded into background for quite some time. They frankly lost their mojo when Indian scooter Market moved away from geared scooters onto plasticky but convenient CVT equipped honda scooters in 90's. We had one of early 80's 4 Gear LML Vespa 150 - ran pretty well till it was sold off in 2006+-, because its body had started to corrode. But Engine was damn fine as fiddle - even after scooter remained unused for long duration - the buyer was able to start in one kick(no electric start in that).

What happened was later - LML in order to compete with Honda's tried to make their model's lighter, more plasticky. I frankly havent seen a vespa for quite some time. And LML is not known among current generation.

You guys need to check Team-Bhp.com forum section and check ownership reports of Thar - to get more knowledge about its longevity - which should give you fair idea about Roxor. Mahindra vehicles are abused in remotest corners of country - especially their Bolero Models(previously it used to be Mahindra Maxx, Mahindra Marshall etc).