ooooooooooo

Day 1

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So the only problem I see with the ROXOR in my neighborhood is that when on the street its illegal for obvious reasons and if you take it offload into an empty lot you get the cops called on you. Why? Because they think its some dude in a real Jeep tearing up the neighborhood. Ugh 1st world problems! here are some pics of it today before the encounter with the Five O, Notice the missed paint on the hood.

I also show it compared to and F150. It is for sure a full size jeep.

IMG_6532.JPGIMG_6536.JPGIMG_6528.JPG

Last edited:

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Nice! Too bad about the paint though. I would be upset but I guess if it was mine it would be covered in mud and dust so I would not have to worry about the missing paint.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice! Too bad about the paint though. I would be upset but I guess if it was mine it would be covered in mud and dust so I would not have to worry about the missing paint.
Yes, Im not too stressed. I plan on using this thing off road a lot. So it will be scratched, dented and beat up in no time. But for right now everything thinks its a Beautifully restored CJ :}

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I lived in IL for a long time. I don't envy your struggle to plate that thing. Springfield 'stole' 2 vehicles from me through bungled paperwork alone. Now factor in the IL Nazis that run Chicago/Springfield and you will need out of state plates to run that.

or drag it to The Cliffs and give it hell lol

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I lived in IL for a long time. I don't envy your struggle to plate that thing. Springfield 'stole' 2 vehicles from me through bungled paperwork alone. Now factor in the IL Nazis that run Chicago/Springfield and you will need out of state plates to run that.

or drag it to The Cliffs and give it hell lol
Yes, we plan on going to the cliffs. Man Illinois is a Nightmare state! More taxes and new laws every year! The wonder why its the fastest shrinking state in the country! Cant wait to move, I pay over $1k a month just in property taxes! Ugh!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I moved out. Best decision I ever made. I took my taxes elsewhere. On that note: I pay 1/10th the property taxes for 100x the land. Roads are plowed. Schools are open. In fact, per human linear road mile, you'd think I would pay MUCH higher taxes. Nope. Also, the state isn't swimming in debt from people voting in idiot after idiot promising them other people's earnings. Sooner or later you run out of other people's money..

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You are lucky man! Home values have dropped so bad here from the high taxes and more people are leaving than coming in. It's insane. This state is a classic example how not to run a government. Cant wait to escape this tax hell, if I can ever sell.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah we took a dive on our home. Basically lost 10 years of saving up for the down payment. I had to bring $1k to the sale. But.. we save an estimated $24k a year by not living there, so we undid the damage in a few years.

You're 100% right. IL is a lesson in how not to run a state.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, we plan on going to the cliffs. Man Illinois is a Nightmare state! More taxes and new laws every year! The wonder why its the fastest shrinking state in the country! Cant wait to move, I pay over $1k a month just in property taxes! Ugh!

Not on subject , but just to even the score , Illinois treated me well , especially the greater Chicago area. I was in logistics for 40 years ( still have my customers, enough to pay my retirement and of coarse buy a Roxor !) no place on earth better than greater Chicago area for the transportation business.The best years of my life were being single, with money and a sports car........in Chicago.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah we took a dive on our home. Basically lost 10 years of saving up for the down payment. I had to bring $1k to the sale. But.. we save an estimated $24k a year by not living there, so we undid the damage in a few years.

You're 100% right. IL is a lesson in how not to run a state.

Being upside down in il. Is better than some very rural places with low wages. During the depression everyone lost, except some very rich cats, cost me 100,000 when I sold my last remodel , and that was in Michigan ! I loved Illinois, work hard, build your retirement, and go somewhere warm in winter, mountains in summer , it worked for me, and many many more........

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Being upside down in il. Is better than some very rural places with low wages.

This fails the basic sniff/math test. If wages are 50% lower but cost of living is 70% lower.. you're WAY ahead not only due to that 20% nominal spread-% but also the tax benefit of being in a lower/non-taxed bracket entirely. People get very stuck on the nominal value of a wage (which is why logic fallacy ideas like 'minimum wage' are economically vampiric in nearly every region), but it is extremely relative. Most people in "poor rural areas" don't have significant cash flow but also are asset net positive due to low/no debt levels. So who's poor now? The local guy driving the 1998 Chevy truck that has been paid of for 15 years or the tourist driving a 2018 Chevy truck with no hope of ever getting out of debt? There are, today, three types of people in the greater Chicago area (in ascending order of wealth): the debt slaves, the homeless, and the super wealthy.

TLDR Summary: Wages are an incomplete part of the quality-of-life story.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IL in 1990 is not the same as 2010. You can't equate the two as the downward spiral has exponentially hurt the state in that span.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Being upside down in il. Is better than some very rural places with low wages. During the depression everyone lost, except some very rich cats, cost me 100,000 when I sold my last remodel , and that was in Michigan ! I loved Illinois, work hard, build your retirement, and go somewhere warm in winter, mountains in summer , it worked for me, and many many more........
There is money to be made here, even though they take more of it each and each year for a corrupt government. Real estate is is a slump while the rest of the country thrives. So in the end the more money made here probably equals out to other areas.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This fails the basic sniff/math test. If wages are 50% lower but cost of living is 70% lower.. you're WAY ahead not only due to that 20% nominal spread-% but also the tax benefit of being in a lower/non-taxed bracket entirely. People get very stuck on the nominal value of a wage (which is why logic fallacy ideas like 'minimum wage' are economically vampiric in nearly every region), but it is extremely relative. Most people in "poor rural areas" don't have significant cash flow but also are asset net positive due to low/no debt levels. So who's poor now? The local guy driving the 1998 Chevy truck that has been paid of for 15 years or the tourist driving a 2018 Chevy truck with no hope of ever getting out of debt? There are, today, three types of people in the greater Chicago area (in ascending order of wealth): the debt slaves, the homeless, and the super wealthy.

TLDR Summary: Wages are an incomplete part of the quality-of-life story.[/QUOTE

This is so true!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This fails the basic sniff/math test. If wages are 50% lower but cost of living is 70% lower.. you're WAY ahead not only due to that 20% nominal spread-% but also the tax benefit of being in a lower/non-taxed bracket entirely. People get very stuck on the nominal value of a wage (which is why logic fallacy ideas like 'minimum wage' are economically vampiric in nearly every region), but it is extremely relative. Most people in "poor rural areas" don't have significant cash flow but also are asset net positive due to low/no debt levels. So who's poor now? The local guy driving the 1998 Chevy truck that has been paid of for 15 years or the tourist driving a 2018 Chevy truck with no hope of ever getting out of debt? There are, today, three types of people in the greater Chicago area (in ascending order of wealth): the debt slaves, thej homeless, and the super wealthy.

I Grew up in a small Iowa farm town . Illinois has lots of the same. Unless you were going to be a farmer there were few choices we had 5,000 people 70 years ago , and 5,000 today. As I recall many farm kids drove new p/u trucks , more than I saw in the burbs around Chicago. The big problem for most of us was not enough money and there were few opportunities to get a job that afforded a new truck or car, but , we did anyway. It ment cutting something else , there was only so much you could do. Food was not cheep, when I moved to greater Chicago. There were many choices , many items cost less than living in a closed community, there was little competition and that kept prices high for many everyday items. ....... this is why I said what I said about young people fresh out of the University. “ Move to the big city, make your mark, save for retirement , then move to places where their were choices “ Returning to small town America. , with college loans to pay back was not a good idea.