ooooooooooo

Damn Thieves!

Tokarev

So last night someone stole my old motorcycle helmet and a Harbor Freight socket set out of my Roxor. The rig was parked off the street in my driveway.

Probably what pisses me off the most is that they pried open the storage compartments under the seats. Nothing was in either one but they bent both lids a little and bent the latch pieces themselves. No big pry marks or anything on both lids. I assume they popped them open with a big screwdriver.

Probably not too surprising but rather an FYI for those of you who might actually store stuff under the seats....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A lot of my friends that own boats don't lock them because it would cost more to fix the the fiberglass or teak doors than the value of whatever they would steal. Makes me wonder if this isn't the same type of situation...

B

Bister

Yeah, the bent door would be more of a piss off then them taking my tow rope. I found the locks inconvenient, so they got replaced with thumb latches. Like they say, locks just keep honest people honest. Sucks.
IMG_6252.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, the bent door would be more of a piss off then them taking my tow rope. I found the locks inconvenient, so they got replaced with thumb latches. Like they say, locks just keep honest people honest. Sucks.
View attachment 5063
Exactly what I was thinking. Do you happen to have a link to those thumb latches?

Tokarev

The lids are pretty soft. So are the latch pieces.

I was able to flex the lids back to straight and bend one of the latches back to true. The one under the passenger seat is good to go now. The latch piece under the driver's seat is too boogered up and will no longer seat the lid tight against the box. I'm hoping the latch piece is a pretty basic item I can get at the hardware store or lock shop.

I think probably what happened is the thief flexed the lids enough with a screwdriver to get a good grip on. From there he probably just pulled and bent the latch pieces.

B

Bister

Exactly what I was thinking. Do you happen to have a link to those thumb latches?
I don’t off hand. Search “cam latch” on this site. It should show up. There were a few of us that did it I got mine from a company here in Canada, but they are on Amazon/eBay.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That sucks, sorry to hear that. One thing that surprises me, is that they knew the compartments were there, they usually go for the easy pickings.

B

Bister

I thought the thread was on here, sorry. It's on a Facebook page and guys listed the part numbers there. You might be able to open it from this link.

Look/search 'cam latch' or 'rv latch' or 'boat latch'.

These are the ones I have.
59301335_10157414060338243_5180987631479029760_n.jpg

Facebook thread: Mahindra Roxor Enthusiasts

These are the ones in the pic below that another guy did and you can put a little lock on them if you like .
https://www.amazon.com/Quarter-Padl...b_6L9mciACcaFB_roKhoT-GC0qw-G2p8NTvV-QT75P36A

60062404_287672732135730_7405590891907252224_n.jpg

These look like the same specs, not sure if they fit.

Leisure CW 2 pack 7/8" RV Compartment Door -Thumb turn Cam latch | eBay

Tokarev

Just looking on the Roxor website. The tool box lock mechanism is $70? Yeah I think I'll pass....

Part number 0114AAD00211N

B

Bister

Just looking on the Roxor website. The tool box lock mechanism is $70? Yeah I think I'll pass....

Part number 0114AAD00211N

Do you need new ones? My dealer has a few take Off’s. He has to put the thumb turns in for the mine. No locks allowed out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokarev

Do you need new ones? My dealer has a few take Off’s. He has to put the thumb turns in for the mine. No locks allowed out there.
The actual locks themselves are fine. It is the finger piece that interfaces with the storage box lip that got bent.

I bent both back into shape with pliers but the one under the driver's seat probably needs replaced. I imagine the latch piece itself as well as the clip that holds it to the shaft are not too uncommon. I'll have to see if I can find something that will work at the hardware store.

I was hoping Roxor would have individual pieces for the latches but all I can find is the entire lock assembly. Don't know if $70 is for one or for the pair. Either way I'm not paying that.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have no tolerance for thieves. When a kid, we never locked the houses in the rural community where we lived (AR ) . My uncle nearby had his hunting rifles all in a case and they were never stolen. Folks dropped by for a visit. if you weren't there, came in had a glass of what was in the fridge if thirsty and would leave. One evening,the little general store ( the kind opened by WWII veterans) left the gas pump switch on and a fellow gassed up realized the store was closed and pushed the money under the door. Not that way now.....

Tokarev

I have no tolerance for thieves. When a kid, we never locked the houses in the rural community where we lived (AR ) . My uncle nearby had his hunting rifles all in a case and they were never stolen. Folks dropped by for a visit. if you weren't there, came in had a glass of what was in the fridge if thirsty and would leave. One evening,the little general store ( the kind opened by WWII veterans) left the gas pump switch on and a fellow gassed up realized the store was closed and pushed the money under the door. Not that way now.....

My brother and his family live in a fairly rural part of Montana and never lock the doors. They've lived in the current house for probably 15 years with no issues save one instance.

Here a few years ago someone kicked in the door to his shop. They stole a grinder and a couple other power tools. The ridiculous part is the shop door was unlocked....