ooooooooooo

Cut or Move The Front Bumper Out - Bigger Tires

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello Everyone,

I added taller tires, 35 inch, onto my Roxor. I was going to cut my bumper to get my needed clearance between the bumper and tire but I didn't want to cut my pristine black bumper.

So, I added 3 inches of spacer on each side between the frame mounts and the bumper. I wanted to mount my tires and did not have the spacers so I used WOOD. Yes, I did a Hillbilly install. It works!

Anyway, I ordered six 1 x 4 x 6 inch plates, three for each side. I was going to do two 3 inch thick plates but I went with six 1 inch so if I want to move the bumper back in I can do it in 1 inch increments. I had to order the steel plates on line and they cost me $150.00.

The plates arrived today so all I need to do is drill them for the frame. This next week I will be adding my Bumper Spacers, Shackles with D-Ring Mounts, and some Leaf Spring Lift Shackles for added lift.

20240726_154419.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For that price you were well on your way to paying for an aftermarket stubby bumper that would have given you more clearance.

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, but I wanted to keep the stock bumper for the looks.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, but I wanted to keep the stock bumper for the looks.
Fair enough. It’s your rig, mod it in whatever way suits your needs/intentions.

Redrod

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What about clearing the front shocks when turning the wheel from stop to stop?

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 3 inch spacer in there in that photo. When the wheel is straight there is about three inches of clearance at the closest point.

I received my new front shackles yesterday that give me 1 1/2 inch lift so that will give me a little added clearance.

Last edited: