ooooooooooo

Custom Roxor with YJ Style Roll Cage

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've decided to post a few more pictures of my roxor and how I customized it.

1) the most obvious thing is I cut the rear roll cage and boxed in the back so it would protect passengers. I'm an hvac contractor so it wasn't too much effort for me to weld this in I went to a metal shop and had them make a couple "L's" using galvanized steel tubing. You could theoretically use muffler tubing to but it won't be as strong. Then I welded it together and painted it. I also installed a bestop 52531-35 extended bikini top. The top was about 80 bucks and was about the same price as the steel pipe.

2) I installed a Bestop 39440-01 rear seat. The seat cost me 250 off amazon and the seat belts were 45 each. Here's a link to amazon for those seat belts:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFFV8VZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) I installed an ontherox front grill and painted it black.

4) I roughed in a 13000 lb winch. I got the xbull winch of ebay for $340 delivered. It came with synthetic rope, 2 remotes, a waterproof controller, and even a high quality cover. I have noticed that occasionally I hear the winch kick in for a second. I think the controller might be picking up another radio signal. To correct the problem I'm going to run the small ground wire for the controller back to the cab and install a rocker switch to keep it off when not in use. I also bought a universal mounting plate for $35 off ebay too

4) Vivid flash tune for the computer. I'm removing the egr this weekend. My overall impression of the flash tune is it's just fine. There wasn't a huge increase in power but a fairly noticeable increase. It works just as advertised.

5) I installed an XTC turn signal kit and installed custom LED tail lights. These look really great, especially at night. See my other tread about how to install Jeep LED lights if you want more information about how to install those.

6) going into the future I'm hoping for a set of nice looking doors, and a soft cab over kit similar to the Thar. I also need a wiper kit, heater, and radio. So far I'm only into this project about $18K. That's no bad considering a Chrysler Jeep starts at $28K and doesn't get anywhere near the MPG's I'm getting :)

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here it is:

9158DAE8-6907-477B-8275-4403357D7A37.jpeg 73F550AE-574F-4DF2-9C38-7466CBC85FC0.jpeg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Love what you are doing. I just picked up a donor jeep. Body is a rust bucket, but has a good windshield, doors and top with good back door and new mud snow tires. Anyone need a snow plow
I will use the windshield on the roxor and the rest on my cj7. The donor is a 77 so axles are narrow, has a 302 3sp in it with air and other nice amenities. Has 14,000 mi on it. Who needs parts.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Love what you are doing. I just picked up a donor jeep. Body is a rust bucket, but has a good windshield, doors and top with good back door and new mud snow tires. Anyone need a snow plow
I will use the windshield on the roxor and the rest on my cj7. The donor is a 77 so axles are narrow, has a 302 3sp in it with air and other nice amenities. Has 14,000 mi on it. Who needs parts.