ooooooooooo

Can't get to Canada soon enough...Rhino is dying a slow death. lol

B

Bister

Well, hopefully by the end of the month. The dealer called to see which model I wanted so they could order it. But, last night coming home with the 2007 Rhino with 18,000 miles on it, I smelled oil. This is the unit that the Roxor is replacing. I thought it was the last ride. lol. Upon further inspection, the belt housing duct work has been rubbing on the valve cover and it wore a hole through it. A coat of JB Weld and all is good. It s a good thing I can pull a wrench or 2. I think I lost as much blood fixing it as I did oil. I had to do some work on the header and exhaust while I was under there again. I couldn't image what it would actually have cost to keep this thing going this long if you had to take it to the dealer all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
18K miles on a Rhino! With the Rox, those are just a hair over break in miles.

On a typical UTV those are high and hard miles.

You will quickly notice the Rox is meant for many years and miles use. Rebuild and continue. Maybe pass it on to the kids and grand kids.

B

Bister

18K miles on a Rhino! With the Rox, those are just a hair over break in miles.

On a typical UTV those are high and hard miles.

You will quickly notice the Rox is meant for many years and miles use. Rebuild and continue. Maybe pass it on to the kids and grand kids.

Mine aren’t really hard miles, just lots of them. Used to get to my shack, take the dogs out and haul my wood home. Never Muddin or anything. Motor has been excellent in it, just uses a bit of oil. The rest is just worn out. They sure aren’t built for that kind of mileage, that’s for sure. I’m thinking at that point on the ROXOR it will be minor maintenance and servicing only for me like you said.

We had Jeeps on the farm 40 years ago (old Willy’s in barn thread) and I was emailing as soon as I saw the ROXOR and put a down payment down for exactly the reasons you mentioned. But I doubt there will be much rebuilding in my time, it’s just going to outlast me I’m sure. Lol.

No kids and the dog can’t drive, but I know a newphew that will take it from my estate when that day comes. Lol

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Either way, I just turned 53 today! Shi....th

The Rox is ideally practical and nostalgic for the certain age groups. My daughter works at an assisted living home and I drove her over there and you wouldn't believe how quickly 3 old guys scooted out of the building and surrounded me. It was funny hearing their comments. They loved it.

On the practical side, yeah, it does great going out and about. I can say Idid like how my RZR 1000 performed off road. And it was light. On road it sucked. And that 2 cyl engine with CVT belt isn't meant for the long haul. The Rox, yeah, look up Mahindra Thar service intervals for a M2DICR engine. Go with that. Might just change oil and filters once a year really because reaching 9K mies in a year may be hard for me to do. But I will try! I know my Rox will outlast me.

B

Bister

I got you by 2 years, 55 at the end of the month lol.

It'll be nice not to have and engine screaming between the seats with dust coming up around it on the way to the shack.

Yep, Im familiar with all that stuff. I have watched all the videos etc. Read a bunch of stuff about it and other Mahindra stuff.

Probably a seasonal oil change for me in the fall. It won't be used lots in the winter, but it will come out in nicer weather, more once the cabs and heaters show up. I want the stuff to fit right and look good and last. Like you said, they will outlast us, may as well do it right. I know it may cost a bit more up front, but at least we won't have to replace it after 11 years and 18,000 miles.

This is the one being replaced, but it will be kept...not worth anything to sell and it is enclosed with slip on doors and heater'd up. Easier to keep it up if its just a spare not being used daily. And there are things I will still do with this that I wouldn't want to put the Roxor through if not needed.

IMG_1046.jpg

B

Bister

Maybe my next post in this thread will be in a Roxor. Maybe shipping next week and I would have time to go get it. In the mean time, I’m still out playing with the Rhino. Getting a rare early snow fall here in Saskatchewan. This will melt in a day or so, I hope. I still have 4 days of work I need nice weather for and there is still a lot of farmers with crop that needs to be taken off.

AF247567-3463-458E-B0BC-376A597CC677.jpeg

This unit is complete with one intermittent wiper. Lol

5439EBEA-2C88-44A8-B184-695DEFEB33C2.jpeg

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What the heck is all that white stuff? I never seen that kind stuff I’m from southern Arizona ?