ooooooooooo

Bumpertettes from a M151 jeep

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd like to add a set of M151 jeep bumperettes to my Roxor when I get it. I think it would give the Roxor a little more military flare that I'm looking for. But, I'm not metal fabricator. Could these be attched to a plate that would then be mated up with exisiting holes on the bumper? I'd put the military style pintal between them. NOS bumperettes can be had for about $33 each.

DSCN2627.jpg 45a8afc7f4e1b73792044feeb69f6e93.jpg

Erdinger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i plan on putting bumperettes on also. was just going to order a set, and cut a treated 2x6 to a foot or two length for each side... bolt that to existing bumper with existing holes, then use lag bolts to put bumperettes onto that. im not a fabricator or mechanic (obviously), just like to keep it simple.
By the way, I've seen old military jeeps with the bumperettes installed with the raised edge pointing down, as in your photo, and also pointing up, as on old MB drawings. will try to attach.

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 9.22.41 PM.png

Krotzer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Preasure treated lumber is loaded with corrosive salts. This will corrode the steel. Recommend white oak blocks.

Erdinger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Preasure treated lumber is loaded with corrosive salts. This will corrode the steel. Recommend white oak blocks.
Thanks very much for that info. will go with that. I've got the bumperettes on order. Hope to install over next couple weeks on a coronacation.