ooooooooooo

Best ECM tune??

JPMsniper

Lifetime Member
Roxor #
I'm a new Roxor owner and really want to unleash the horsepower and torque and remove the speed limiter. I've seen the Diesel Freak and Grit Shift websites, and I'm sure there are others. Which companie's tune is best?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Call diesel freak they will get you set up with a custom tune that is exactly to your specs and they can adjust it as you build out your roxor. They adjust for tire size, turbo size, grid heater timing/trigger temp, and can even adjust the idle down to get you a slower crawl speed.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What year Roxor do you have?
Good question. the new HD roxors have the new bosch ECU and are locked down tight! I was at dinner the other night with the design team from Mahindra and they didn't think anyone was going to crack it for some time.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm a new Roxor owner and really want to unleash the horsepower and torque and remove the speed limiter. I've seen the Diesel Freak and Grit Shift websites, and I'm sure there are others. Which companie's tune is best?
I have the diesel freak tune , and it works good.

th797

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have had 2 tuned by Diesel Freak and they are top notch. Wade has put a ton of R&D into these and their tune is well worth the cost. Stage II on stock everything has been great for me. I was just driving it a few mins ago and grin ear to ear every time

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What year Roxor do you have?
2018 for me , just took mine for a ride after the Gilomen tune and the difference was night and day from stock. I'd like to try the other tunes to see if they are worth the extra $$. I guess it would come down to what a guy needs.

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have not had my tune done yet but I have settled on DF as I understand they will adjust the number of seconds, after key is turned on, and always activate the grid heater after the number of seconds elapses. This is critical for me because during the winter, on cold nights, I plug mine in so the Kats in line radiator hose heater keeps it warm. The downside is, the grid heater does not come on on cold start so if you live in cold country and use some kind of a heater, make sure whatever tune you put on it has this feature.

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I recently installed my Diesel Freak tune including the adjustable power 5 setting switch. It is AWESOME! DF also includes their intake which is great and prevents boost leaks. I generally run on setting number three which is about 85 hp and find I have all the power I need for running around town and driving in the mountains. I also believe that the lower setting must be a little more economical on fuel but I have not tracked that yet.
Turn it up to 5 (115 hp) and it will set you back in your seat. I am thinking of having Roxor licensed and believe I will need setting 4 or 5 for highway use but even on 3 it achieves 65 pretty well.

DF also adjusted the number of seconds before my grid heater comes on and it comes on all the time now. If you don't want the grid heater you just start it before it comes on. I requested my delay to 3 seconds. This is necessary in colder climates if you use any kind of a heater. I use a Kats in-line radiator hose heater and when I heat in the winner the grid heater would not come on making starting more difficult.

As a bonus, I noticed that annoying seat belt function is gone. When I'm running around my property working here or there I always had to leave my seatbelt buckled behind me. Then I would drive out onto the road and I couldn't get the *(&P)(#%@! seatbelt from behind me without stepping out and unbuckling the seatbelt so I could put it on and I could drive.

I will be adding gauges including boost and EGT. I have an extra Hypermax dual gauge, from my diesel pickup rebuild, that I love because it is combined boost and EGT in one three-inch gauge. I will mount this on the steering column and report back how things look when running at different power levels.

I am very pleased.