BATTERY VENT, NEED TO ADD DAIN TUBE.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Hey all,

Back in December I changed the battery in our C7 Vett out for a new AGM battery. The Vett battery had a vent tube attached to a 90 degree fitting on one end of the battery at the top cap area and a plug on the other side. So the new battery did not come with the plug for the vent or the 90 degree fitting. No big deal. I got that all changed out. The battery is in the inside of the car at the back right corner so I guess the vent is to keep out corrosive gasses when the battery charges with the alternator or when plug in to the GM battery charger.

So this got me thinking. I looked over the Roxor AGM battery that came as the OEM battery on the LE model which came with the winch and light bar and such. The Roxor
battery had the 90 Degree fitting and plug as well. Hummmmmm? There is no drain tube on the Roxor battery. So I guess it just spits the gasses and any liquid or vapors at whatever the fitting is pointing at? I usually charge my battery every 3 or 4 weeks when not in use. I use a charger that will top off the AGM battery which requires a better or higher output to achieve a 100% charge. I have never noticed any damage or damp areas after charging so it's prolly ok.

BUT! Since I am an anal old fart, I went ahead and utilized some old fuel line from a drift trike I fixed up and added a vent tube that exits down behind the fron wheel area. Let it hang down 3 or 4 inches below the chassis. So did yours have this fitting and did it come with a drain tube like you find on most motorcycles and ATV's?

Here are a few pics of mine. I think a drain tube should be a factory installed item.

BDRAG

P.S. I can't spell DRAIN I guess and can't fix it in the title. LOL Monitor can you fix it? Lol.

Battery vent 1.jpg Battery vent 2.jpg Battery vent 3.jpg

Last edited: