ooooooooooo

Another Factory Top Option

Tokarev

Maybe this is old news but I just saw it on the Roxor website. It appears to be sort of a hybrid. Soft skinned doors with a composite cab enclosure.

The price is pretty lousy but not unexpected since all the factory tops seem pretty pricey.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Maybe this is old news but I just saw it on the Roxor website. It appears to be sort of a hybrid. Soft skinned doors with a composite cab enclosure.

The price is pretty lousy but not unexpected since all the factory tops seem pretty pricey.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
It is pricey but considering Honda and Kawaski want $3500 for just the 2 doors and not the rest of what is needed to complete the cab on a machine that is toast in 10,000 miles, I don't mind buying stuff for my Roxor knowing I don't have to replace the whole unit in a few years. That price also include the windshield, mirrors and roof and an aluminum lower bulkhead that works with that cargo box. They are suppose to be releasing it at some point in pieces so guys like me that already have the OEM windshield and roof can just add it on.

I'm also having a custom, 10 gauge, vented, glass, powder coated windshield made that is identical to the OEM for specs (holes, bends, size, etc) so the vented windshield will work with the cab just like the OEM and will pressurize it and make me dust free on the back roads and remove the vortex behind the windshield if the doors are off because of the rear bulkhead and panel.

That is the vents and where they are going. I taped off the bottom of the glass to see how the vision would be and I never even noticed except I couldn't see all the hood, no big deal.

Horse trailer vents $25 each, 3 positions each way, up or down. It's going to be spectacular.

B5E5F714-3B0E-49FB-B6A0-1B55E3F20601.jpeg 9D201B7A-D6CE-416F-884A-58C91544A037.jpeg D77B422A-87DF-4E54-A733-DCC33157E16A.jpeg C072FEAF-2BD0-420C-ADB9-EF5C4A2AA92D.jpeg

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I bought this top back in July. Over all it is a good top and has held up well in the woods in tight spots I normally travel. It is pricey for what you get, when you consider a wrangler top new and water tight can still be had for under 2K. I did have some problems with the directions where the rear cab close out is concerned. I followed the directions and installed it by the dimensions for placement as they were described. This proved to be inaccurate on my roxor and I ended up taking it apart later in the installation and had to re-drill holes and move the lower close out panel up since the window panel sat to low and the gap between the roof and rear window panel was to big to seal with foam tape provided. I would hit the home improvement center and get an extra roll of foam tape as well. The door surround section where it meets the top can be sealed on the roll bar area as well as on the edge where the top meets the surround. I did use seam sealer to bond the lower close out panel to the floor behind the seats (roxor recommended rtv) This in the end proved to work well but due to the thickness to seal the gap the sealer took a while to dry well. I also used larger metal washers and larger rubber washers on the roof panel with a layer of sealant on the rubber washer to get the roof bolt holes to seal water tight. (this took a couple weeks of trial and error) The biggest issue with this top if you are looking for a water tight installation is the area between the top of the windshield and the front of the top. I feel like a close out panel should be provided in this kit to fill the gap between the 2 as foam strips are only provided and this does nothing to keep water out in a rainy environment. In the end I had just added sound deadner panels in my 70 challenger and decided to try to cut those to size to fill the gap. in that end it worked perfectly and I have a 100% water tight seal now. The doors work fine and the zip windows are familiar and efficient, the kit came with the old style jeep "bobble head" mirrors. Been there lived that, opted to just buy a set of 03 to 06 wrangler mirrors and use those instead. Overall I give this top a 9 out of ten now that i have the leaks sealed it just took a bit of effort to get it there. Joe

View attachment 9675

View attachment 9675

View attachment 9675

Last edited: