ooooooooooo

Another Canadian Intro.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I live in Northern Ontario and am a huge advocate of simplicity and reliability. I only own older cars and trucks, all clean rust free vehicles because I'm a person who heavily values old bare bones technology and simplicity. When I heard about the release of the Roxor I almost wrote it off because I thought it was just some foreign company ripping off a north american design. After doing some research I realized I was totally incorrect after finding out Mahindra had the licenses to build jeeps from Willys back in the 40s after the war. The simple 4 cyl common rail diesel with the small turbo is a design that is overbuilt and under powered with very little emission equipment and what emission equipment there is can easily be disabled such as the EGR and PCV. This concept is what makes things last forever. The 5 speed manual has been redesigned and refined for a total bulletproof edition now being built. The transfer case is based on the total bulletproof design of the Spicer 18 which has proven itself for decades. The axles look very close to the old style D44 design. The driveshafts are 1 piece slip shafts along with U bolt style yokes. No special "dealer only" fluids, its just 80w90 gear oil front to back along with 15w40 diesel oil. Dirt Simple. These are some of the reasons why I'll be at my closest dealer when they rollout in Canada. I'm finally excited about a NEW vehicle being released.

Reactions: lcp

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, Glad to have you here. We are working to build this into an unofficial Mahindra Roxor community driven by real Roxor enthusiast.

Simplicity is what I think is going to drive this unit across the board. The bells and whistles are removed making it simple to play around with, upgrade, and repair. Too much of this "dealer only" stuff these days. I cant want to take my first ride in one. Good luck on your adventure and let us know if we can do anything to help make it better.

Thanks.