ooooooooooo

Alternator check

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Why would you disconnect it with it running? It has an ECM, are you trying to kill it?

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok thank you. I was trying to check the alternator to make sure it was charging.
It was not rasing the voltage on the battery when it was running. "I think" it was just the belt was loose, I am getting a consistent 14v now.
Thank you.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Future reference. Disconnecting the battery while its running is not the right way to troubleshoot anything. If it were charging, seeing no reference voltage would cause the regulator to spike, sending full voltage out. That would likely smoke the ECM.

Gene Trask

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In the end the battery is bad. With a new battery the Roxor cranks right up.
Now I have a different problem!
Even without the key, the instrument panel is going through its startup routine about every 5 seconds. It comes one all indicators are lit (except for the battery) the needle goes over and back, then it cuts off. 5 seconds later again.
When I turn the key on it goes normal.
I am unplugging the main power to preserve the battery.
I have un plugged the switch, then the ECM, one side at a time on the instrument cluster, and it still does it.
I am going to try today cleaning fuses and relays.
Any suggestions would be great.
I am in mud and sand with salt water and brackish water, every day.m

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
In the end the battery is bad. With a new battery the Roxor cranks right up.
Now I have a different problem!
Even without the key, the instrument panel is going through its startup routine about every 5 seconds. It comes one all indicators are lit (except for the battery) the needle goes over and back, then it cuts off. 5 seconds later again.
When I turn the key on it goes normal.
I am unplugging the main power to preserve the battery.
I have un plugged the switch, then the ECM, one side at a time on the instrument cluster, and it still does it.
I am going to try today cleaning fuses and relays.
Any suggestions would be great.
I am in mud and sand with salt water and brackish water, every day.m

It sounds like you may have a ground problem due to the salt water corroding a connection some where, and it's feeding back through the dash causing it to go crazy. I've seen this happen countless times on older vehicles where the roads are salted in the winter. Try removing the key so everything should be off, but the dash is going crazy, and then pull out one fuse at a time to see if you can make it stop. If it is still going crazy, put the fuse back in and go to the next one. If it stops, you have narrowed down which circuit to search for the problem.