ooooooooooo

500 mile road trip

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
First off, I won't cover street legality. That is different in every state and beaten to death on these forums.

Today I got back from my 500m road trip and wanted to share some thoughts.

My Rox:
2018 with a stage 1 tune
Stock wheel and BFGs
Stock soft enclosure for the extended ROPS

Conditions were all daytime driving with windy and cool temps and on/off light rain.

Roxor mechanically did excellent overall. I’d say it really likes driving 60-65 and not really much more. I got around 30ish mpg.

The top did well. Kept me dry. Due to the wind and high speeds it was rather flappy but stayed together just fine and besides the noise, did very well.

A hand throttle would be a very nice addition.

Also, I had one brake check moment and found the brakes to not be well balanced. I might be getting an adjustable prop valve in the near future.

Last edited:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also 5th gear can carry most “midwest” hills ok. On two large hills I did have to down shift. These were very large hills for the midwest region.

Last edited:

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i like the hand throttle idea. also for accessories. i have been thinking about one with a simple rheostat.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hand throttle won‘t work on drive by wire.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Also, I had one brake check moment and found the brakes to not be well balanced. I might be getting an adjustable prop valve in the near future.
That happened to me last Fall on the way to work...someone pulled out in front of me at about 60 mph. I hit the brakes and it felt surprisingly squirrely...woke my buttocks up REAL quick! In fact, I never did look to see if the rears needed to be adjusted...need to do that SOON. Post on here if and when you put in a proportioning valve and give us the details...that's one mod that is very nearly essential if you drive on the road much. At the very least, anyone that drives on the streets should do some practice emergency stops just to give you an idea of how far one of these beasts is from being a vehicle with modern brake systems.