ooooooooooo

3-Seat Bench?? Who has done it?

Wesmertz

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I will be, come hell or high water, installing a 3 seat bench with harnesses (for my 3 offspring). I am looking for ideas and/or specific designs. In between the wheel wells is far too narrow. My plan (seens how I can't find a kit) is to somehow bolt down some steel or aluminum mounting brackets or tubing right on top of the wheel wells. I figure 4 bolts in each side should be plenty safe. I intend to use the bed, so I wont be doing a full crossmember spanning the width of the bed, meaning when the seat is removed all that remains is some metal bolted to the tops of the wheel wells. I also need the seat EASILY removeable (without tools is a plus). I don't think it impossible to rig up a similar system to how factory RZR seats install. you would have the "shoes" on the front of the seat that slide under a steel bar in the forward direction, and the back has a "ball of sorts" that drops into a detented (hand actuated) male fitting. Sort of like a quick connect air hose deal. Sorry for my lack of proper terminology here. If its safe enough for a traditional side by side, would it not be safe in this sense? Benefits are easy removal and minimal "equipment" remaining after the bench is removed, plus the kiddos sit higher and can see more. I havent looked into measurements yet, but man it would be convenient to just buy an aftermarket bench for a RZR that has those fittings already (just like the one I bought for my own RZR a couple years ago). Yes it would require some fab work, but nothing overly complicated, and I know some people who can do this sort of thing. Give me your thoughts and inspirations!