ooooooooooo

2022 ROXOR Fender Flares

JFro

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anybody mounted fender flares on the 2022?
Pics?
I’ve ordersd the older ones and see that they need some trimming but didn’t want to install them if they don’t look like a clean fit.
I appears that 6-8 inches needs to be trimmed off the from of the fender flare.

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have a 2022 as well. I found this pic online and was looking at it to see where to cut the front flare off. Also found YouTube video where a guy was doing some similar aftermarket work on his jeep. He was using a paper plate to get the radius that he wanted and a dremel tool to cut the excess off. He used some really fine sandpaper to smooth out the cut area. Looked pretty nice when he finished. I’ll look to see if I can find the video and post it.

C291EA25-67DB-4CB8-9B07-D8D46777103F.png

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m looking at on the roxs fab for fenders for my 22 but if you’re just looking to keep the dirt from swinging up on the body there are probably simpler options

JFro

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered the ones that are made for a CJ and they do not match the radius bends on the front at all.
Looks like the front fender change for the ‘22 make these flares not usable.
Assuming someone will make a set that matches up.
If anyone finds a set, please let me know.

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ordered the ones that are made for a CJ and they do not match the radius bends on the front at all.
Looks like the front fender change for the ‘22 make these flares not usable.
Assuming someone will make a set that matches up.
If anyone finds a set, please let me know.
I got a set from online but can’t remember if I got them from Diesel Freaks or On The Rox Fab. I ended up cutting the front fenders down so the would fit as they were designed for the older model Roxor’s. I clamped them on and used the edge of an 8” paper plate to get the radius I wanted and then cut them off.

D6227758-F137-4E27-A709-3B20FC252C29.jpeg EEBC415D-E566-4504-A10A-8EB1ECEDF358.jpeg 1F251E80-F203-42CA-BFDE-41A971003882.jpeg

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I had it to do again I think I would have left them a little longer but they work great as is. Definitely help to keep the mud off me and out of the cab area.

JFro

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I had it to do again I think I would have left them a little longer but they work great as is. Definitely help to keep the mud off me and out of the cab area.
Yeah yours look solid.
And your ROXOR is a ‘22?
I’m hoping someone makes a true fit for the ‘22. I’m not that handy with cutting.
Thanks for the response and the pics.

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah yours look solid.
And your ROXOR is a ‘22?
I’m hoping someone makes a true fit for the ‘22. I’m not that handy with cutting.
Thanks for the response and the pics.
Mine is a '22, purchased in March of last year. I'm not that steady either, used a grinder with a cutoff wheel and just took my time. When I was finished I used a razor and some really fine sandpaper to smooth it all out.

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check these for MM540 I think these should fit

View attachment 12090 View attachment 12091
These would have to be modified as well. The front fender on a 2022 model does not roll down in the front like the unit pictured. They run straight out and just end. No turn down.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone having luck finding a good fender flare solution? I have looked at a lot of options and nothing seems to be a good fit except the OTR flat fender kit, but I dont want to cover the whole fender like that kit does. I am hoping it is worth some company's effort to make some vacuum formed or injection molded plastic ones that are actually a bolt on fit.
Any thoughts on who we could approach with this task?

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put the CJ flairs on, cut the radius with a paper plate radius
they fit with a little English

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put the CJ flairs on, cut the radius with a paper plate radius
they fit with a little English
Thanks, that's what I did on my 2019 but it was a much easier job with a heat gun and razor knife. Hoping someone will come out with a better option before I go down this road. May end up there though!