ooooooooooo

2018 with everything

Musmdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After every effort to get this thing on the road in Georgia, just can't make it happen. Dirt Legal got me a tag and I got insured, but the first day on road I got pulled over and told to take it home or it would be impounded. Because my farm is 35 miles from where I live, just doesn't make sense to keep it. This was a dealer model with a lift, 35s, windshield. I added wipers, M8000 winch with synthetic rope, mirrors, tow hooks, hitch, lockers. Immaculate and never off road. I have 30k in it. Will sell for 25k.

oxor5.png Roxor2.png roxor1.png roxor3.png Roxor4.png Roxor7.png

General

Founding Member
On what basis could law enforcement threaten to impound a vehicle that was appropriately registered and insured?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After every effort to get this thing on the road in Georgia, just can't make it happen. Dirt Legal got me a tag and I got insured, but the first day on road I got pulled over and told to take it home or it would be impounded. Because my farm is 35 miles from where I live, just doesn't make sense to keep it. This was a dealer model with a lift, 35s, windshield. I added wipers, M8000 winch with synthetic rope, mirrors, tow hooks, hitch, lockers. Immaculate and never off road. I have 30k in it. Will sell for 25k.

View attachment 4429View attachment 4430View attachment 4431View attachment 4432View attachment 4433View attachment 4434
Can get it road legal in Michigan but would be a pain

Musmdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On what basis could law enforcement threaten to impound a vehicle that was appropriately registered and insured?
Basically, said it wasn’t legal on road in GA. He was a local deputy. I called the sheriff, he said it would not be upheld in court but that particular deputy would continue to pull me over. So would be a huge hassle.

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After your first court appearance fighting the ticket, can't the judge get you something in writing to prevent further hassle? I wouldn't cave to the police state if your rig is truly compliant. Sue the dept for harrassment.

Sourdough

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I spoke to a sales guy at Statesboro Powersports a week or so ago - I believe he said they sold 2 or 3 that were street legal and on the road. I think he said one of them belonged to the dealership owner. Maybe they have not met your local deputy yet.

Seems like the deputy would have to give you specific reasons that it is not street legal.

Hope you keep fighting for it to be legal.
Good luck.

Musmdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tell me more.
Will it except a soft cab and heater?
Front and rear locker?
Factory tune?

You can add heater and top. Has an aftermarket tune, will go 85+. Front locker. It’s awesome. Tried my best to get a tag for it in Ga, and could not. So I bought an FJ40. It’s bigger and rides better than the FJ. J

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Impounding does sound extreme but, unlike South Dakota, It is definitely illegal in GA to drive a UTV on public roads.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Basically, said it wasn’t legal on road in GA. He was a local deputy. I called the sheriff, he said it would not be upheld in court but that particular deputy would continue to pull me over. So would be a huge hassle.
Sounds like that deputy is just being pissy because he doesn't have one.

grunt98311

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sounds like that deputy is just being pissy because he doesn't have one.
Or Deputy Dog wanted to impound it so he could drive it or find a way to get it to the county auction

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've hear a lot of changes to laws in GA.. Friends Pinzgauer 718 is now conds some class that the tags go from normal to over 300.
IS she still available? What kinda lockers? Much as i hate to say these letters... ACLU maybe they can help with that deputy

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I sold mine on eBay and only got 10K. I lost plenty off the project but it was fun owning one for a while.