ooooooooooo

Who ate all the locking hubs?

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm looking for the Warn 29062 locking hubs, but they seem to be scarce. Are they still available?

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ouch, any other Warn options?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nope, Mile Marker or AVM. With the exception of Roxor, the last new vehicle produced that used this diameter hub ended production over 30 years ago. Warn has other irons in the fire now, weather we like it or not.

Things are in the works for me to start producing something, but for now Mile Marker is still not a horrible option.

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks. Looks like the MM 481 Premium is what fits?

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Had Mile Marker on mine for a couple of years with no problems.

elkaholic

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am running AVM Extreme solid body lockouts on mine.

Land Rover

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Gentlemen: I recently purchased a rolled over 2022 from an auction. It runs; however, I am still looking for some of the small parts that were damaged (The larger plan is to build the Roxor drive train, etc. into/underneath a CJ5, converted to a CJ6).
I am having a bit of trouble finding a "vacuum check valve" that will fit into the brake vacuum unit. The hole in the vacuum unit is 1 and 1/16" (i.e. - 17/16"), and the barb for the vacuum line is 3/8". Is there a generic replacement? The original Indian check valve has a 7/8" O.D. that fits into the grommet in the vacuum unit. I have looked at the Dorman kit #80189, and it has a rubber grommet that will fit the hole in the vacuum unit; however, I cannot see how in the world the Dorman check valve can/will fit snugly into this grommet, and the smaller grommet in the Dorman kit will "not" fit the hole in the Roxor brake vacuum unit (The Dorman valve is also designed for a 1/2" vacuum line, but this could be adapted).
Idea #2: Can I remove the Roxor vacuum unit, make a steel cover for the Roxor check valve hole that has the correct size for the Dorman check valve, and then attach the steel cover over the Roxor's check valve hole, using silicon seal and sheet metal screws? This will allow me the correct size hole for the Dorman valve, and I don't "think" it will interfer with the diaphram inside of the Roxor's brake vacuum unit.(In studying the way vacuum units/"cans" are made, the diaphram inside does not contact the check valve hole or front face of the can, and in reaching inside the check valve hole and feeling the inside and thereabouts, I see no obstructions or potentially problematic parts or interferences.)
1. I have inquired of Dorman regarding their replacement check valve and the larger grommet size = Nothing.
2. I have inquired of CVS Girling in India regarding a replacement check valve = Nothing.
3. I have inquired of Raybestos regarding "their" check valves/replacements (i.e. - no dimensional standards offered, only applications) = Nothing
Idea #3: The closest thing I can find is offered by West Coast Classic Cougar for the FoMoCo "Midland Booster" for mid-60's Cougars/Mustangs and this check valve is .830" and it fits into a 13/16" grommet, and the grommet fits into a hole in the vacuum booster that is 1.040", which is close, but 1 and 1/16"( 17/16") would be 1 and .0625". but it might fit.
Any insights or previous experiences that might guide me?

Walt Banta

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Land Rover

See if you can spot the valve you need in one of the brake kits in the breakdown.

Attachments

• 2023 ROXOR Parts Catalog Rev_001.pdf
    9.3 MB · Views: 33

Land Rover

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Wow - the complete set of exploded diagrams with part numbers! I did not realize that this was available, and I feel a bit like a kid in a candy shop!
1. The check valve in question is pictured on the page labeled "Brake Master Cylinder," and it is referenced as #9 - the NonReturn Valve. Its part number is 0607AA0341N
2. Another broken part would be pictured in the "Air Intake System." It would be #15 listed as Fitting, Crankcase Hose #0309AAB00041N
3. While I am asking, I could also use a part pictured on the "Brake Tubes" page. It was missing when the car arrived, and it is #5 listed as Jounce Hose, Frame to Caliper #06061CAA00740N (I have ordered an Edelbrock hose and fitting, but it would be nice to match both sides.)

USMC, thank you for responding, and thank you for the chance to peruse the exploded diagrams!

Land Rover

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Wow - the complete set of exploded diagrams with part numbers! I did not realize that this was available, and I feel a bit like a kid in a candy shop!
1. The check valve in question is pictured on the page labeled "Brake Master Cylinder," and it is referenced as #9 - the NonReturn Valve. Its part number is 0607AA0341N
2. Another broken part would be pictured in the "Air Intake System." It would be #15 listed as Fitting, Crankcase Hose #0309AAB00041N
3. While I am asking, I could also use a part pictured on the "Brake Tubes" page. It was missing when the car arrived, and it is #5 listed as Jounce Hose, Frame to Caliper #06061CAA00740N (I have ordered an Edelbrock hose and fitting, but it would be nice to match both sides.)

USMC, thank you for responding, and thank you for the chance to peruse the exploded diagrams!
So - just to know where I stand, are you suggesting that the correct Roxor part numbers may aid my research/inquiries? If so, you may be correct.

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello LR,

Yes, the actual part numbers should help you. But be sure to use the check and verify method. On another thread Nick stated that the diagrams may not be correct even though the IPB is from Mahindra. I have worked in automotive parts and cataloguing and understand where he is coming from.

Land Rover

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
USMC,
I appreciate your help and your insights, and I will use them as I go forward with this project and its various requirements. At this phase, I am trying to familiarize myself with the "parts availability" and "parts interchangeability" situation, so my progress is slow and snail-like. I will, indeed, try to closely monitor the compatibility/correctness of the parts and numbers in the exploded diagrams, and I appreciate the cautionary "heads-up." Having lived with/worked with this old Land Rover for more than fifty years, I "hear" what you are saying, but given my current and previous experiences, I suspect that "modification" and "make it work" ethic will also be more practical and expedient than find the "find the exact part" philosophy, even though the latter is easier and more certain. All things considered, I "do" appreciate your help, insight, and the time and energy you have expended in my behalf. Thank you!

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Back on track, got the MM’s in today, will get them installed this weekend.