ooooooooooo

Up and Running

Nickel40

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi to everyone. I have a 2018 ROXOR in OD green. Cut a piece of plexiglass for it myself and installed it with zip ties and a strip of double adhesive foam tape on the bottom. I sent the brain box to vivid racing the first week I had it. Pretty awesome change. Had some buckshot mudders put on. Does anyone have the heater kit and does it really work without a 30 minute warm up session? I would like to see some plastic half doors made for this rig. Playing with heaters right now. I ride for 5-15 minute spurts for the most part.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You will be hard pressed to get much heat in that period of time. Takes a little time for the heavy cast block to absorb heat.

Nickel40

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you crank it 15 min prior to leaving does it generate enough heat at the 850 RPM idle or so to make it warm. I'm assuming you have already installed one. I use mine for hunting and would like to have that heat at 530AM.

B

Bister

I have the heater and it will warm at an idle, it will throw a bit of warm air in 5 minutes or so, but it's not different than any small car or truck; it doesn't throw good heat till it is warmed up and that doesn't happen till you drive it a bit. Once it is warmed up the heat coming out of it at an idle is around 150ºF @ 850 RPM and close to 190ºF@ around 1900 RPM when running down the road. These temperatures were taken with a deep fryer thermometer stuck in front of the heater, probably not the most accurate. I would say a few degrees low if anything. I used one of those digital ones and pointed it at the core while driving, it registered around 195ºF at around 40MPH. This was also testing in temperatures around 8ºF with no cab installed yet, so it was sucking in pretty cool air.

NJjiK%BKRNu6VFzAflb9tA.jpgO%pBzLz%TTWw1%hR1G5qqg.jpgq1va7LnWS2KxsvjzFyFi4w.jpgiAB6BepVR+C1AhtCbllaCw.jpgw78y+RWmTUG9365hcpGrgw.jpg

Nickel40

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the reply. Last question- Absent of a closed cab, does it give you some noticeable improvement in cutting the cold and make it a little more comfortable to run over 15mph? I'm trying to decide on the heater kit right now.

B

Bister

Thanks for the reply. Last question- Absent of a closed cab, does it give you some noticeable improvement in cutting the cold and make it a little more comfortable to run over 15mph? I'm trying to decide on the heater kit right now.
It will help some. The factory heater blows straight down, so your feet will be warm. I have a defroster kit on order and it has adjustable vents towards the feet you close to get defrost ....I think, going by the pics. I’m sure some will go to defrost no matter what. The factory heater moves some good air, but it is only one speed; which is a bit noisy but only cause the Roxor is so quiet. You would never here it in my Rhino. Lol