ooooooooooo

Underground Roxor Fleet

undergroundroxor

Hi everyone.
Myself and another mechanic maintain a fleet of 10+ Roxors underground at a gold mine in Nevada. All have Hardcabs(2door,4door) and this is learning experience for us as well. Joined the forum for technical support/knowledge sharing within the Roxor community. Glad to answer any questions that anyone has about these machines as we are learning as we go. Thanks

B

Bister

Nice. I help my dealer out some here in Saskatchewan with stuff and he has at least 6 or 8 underground here in the potash mines with more to come.

I delivered this one last week for him.

3D20B1BD-D499-4F8B-903F-173ECFDB6039.jpeg1F48F48B-14A3-4471-9CF5-73E20AA67BC2.jpeg8B1A61EF-2A6C-4E6D-BCA0-115FE9E484C8.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have y’all found anything that is a weak point that demands attention such as batteries, starters, clutches, etc. curious how they’re holding up.

B

Bister

Have y’all found anything that is a weak point that demands attention such as batteries, starters, clutches, etc. curious how they’re holding up.
The batteries have to be changed out to a GEL to go underground here. Nothing serious for a 'weak' spot that I know of. I don't hear much of that stuff. I know they needed a couple Speedo's fixed and a parking brake cable. I think one of them is over 25,000 miles now. These ones are all limited to 25 mph.

They are replacing Gators (belts and bearing eaters) and Kubota's (engine eaters) and others. They like them compared to the plastic stuff they have been using.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

How are those side facing rear seats?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I think they are ordering them in most of them. I guess they seem ok for what they are. You wouldn’t want to go off tossing with them I don’t think. If they are used for what they are intended for, slow speeds, they work good.
We also remove the ignition and just put in switch’s including a master kill disconnect.

I say “we”, but I should say “my dealer”. Lol.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi everyone.
Myself and another mechanic maintain a fleet of 10+ Roxors underground at a gold mine in Nevada. All have Hardcabs(2door,4door) and this is learning experience for us as well. Joined the forum for technical support/knowledge sharing within the Roxor community. Glad to answer any questions that anyone has about these machines as we are learning as we go. Thanks
Welcome from Louisiana. Glad to have you here. I think you'll find the wealth of knowledge very helpful and Im sure your experience will be very valuable to the discussions.

undergroundroxor

The factory batteries are AGM already so those should hold up as long as you don't drain them often. Our units are all automatic models and the only wear point on these are the shift cable boots ripping from pressure washing. Other than the front axle bearings wearing faster than everything else no issues with engines or transmissions as of yet.

The paint isn't that great either. Our ungodly high psi pressure washers will strip off anything so I'm curious to see how well the paint on frame/body hold up to this.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
And to think that I am in Heaven with just one Roxor! Welcome to the forums. Keep on a rolling and a clattering.

tommiesinc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi everyone.
I would like to know how the cabs are working out.

undergroundroxor

The Hardcabs are well built. No Rattles and no water entry unless you get overly aggressive with washing. Hardcabs is set to release a lexan windshield next spring as underground mining and glass don't mix well