ooooooooooo

Trailer for towing Roxor

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Depends on what size axle you have. The roxor weighs around 3,000 lbs empty. A single 3500 lb axle isn't going to cut it. You'll need a 5200 lb axle, unless you can find a trailer with a 4,000 lb axle. But those aren't really around anymore.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The wheelbase is 96” and overall length is 148. I would say atleast a 12’ long trailer. A double axled 2 x 5 lug axles typically 3500 lb) 12+ foot trailer is probably what you would want. In my experience they are easier to find verses a single axle trailer with a 6 lug (5200 lb) axles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m thinking about a Blue Ox set up for mine so that I can flat tow it behind my truck. Has anyone done that?

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m thinking about a Blue Ox set up for mine so that I can flat tow it behind my truck. Has anyone done that?
At the very least you will need to remove your rear driveshaft and install locking hubs on the front

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have Warn front hubs. I thought you can just unlock the hubs, put both the transmission and transfer case in neutral, and you’re good to go. I am mistaken?

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The owners manual states the shafts should be removed to flat tow. I haven't been inside the roxor transfer case, so I'm not an expert on this subject, but from what I can tell is the rear bearing will not get any lubrication with it in neutral.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The owners manual states the shafts should be removed to flat tow. I haven't been inside the roxor transfer case, so I'm not an expert on this subject, but from what I can tell is the rear bearing will not get any lubrication with it in neutral.
The rear bearing is submerged in oil (the output shaft assembly turning is what oils the transfer case), the problem is the transfer case is in 4x4 when in neutral. So either tow with transfer case in 2 high/ trans in neutral/ remove rear shaft (for short distance due to lubrication not being optimal, not recommended) or use locking hubs up front/ trans in gear/ remove rear shaft/ transfer case in any gear to prevent spinning. You could also unlock front hubs, trans in gear, transfer case in neutral. both driveshafts would turn at highway speed, but the front isn't hooked to the wheels.

I guess there is other combos of shaft removal to get the job done, but transfer case oiling isn't an issue just transmission.

Ideally one would install a OTR rear full float kit with locking hubs in all corners, leave everything in gear. the only thing turning is the wheels.

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check transfer case and transmission oil levels (both of mine were a quart low with a brand new Roxor, After I asked the dealer to check before delivery)
unlock front hubs, trans in 1st gear, transfer case in neutral, do not exceed 55mph
for long hauls disconnect rear drive shaft
this is what Owners Manual says

I am going to try the flat tow to the Ouray ride, 225mi from here, I will post if I break anything.

Busted Knuckles

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you checked out U-Haul trailers? They're aluminum and hold the Roxor nicely...

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t think U-Haul will sell their trailers, will they? They have told me “no” in the past.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve seen some on the used market So they do sell them. Probably go to auction or wholesaler and not direct to the public.

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had a short 16’ dual axel trailer without a trailer brake I was using with mine. I had to sell it because it didn't seem to be enough trailer. I ended up finding a 20’ car hauler I split with my brother in law that will be perfect. I wanted a little more room on the trailer for ice chests or gear than what I had on a 16’ trailer.