ooooooooooo

Tons of SPAM post ruining our forum

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi, does anybody know what the deal is with all the Chinese jibberish and advertisements on this forum is? It's quickly taking over and ruining this forum for people who like it. Can an administrator take that crap down? Sorry if it's something I just don't understand (roxors in China maybe) but it just seems like we have been super spammed over the past week.

General

Founding Member
Admin, please add an "I'm a human" verification step during new account registration. That will cut down on bots, but we still might get trolls.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi, does anybody know what the deal is with all the Chinese jibberish and advertisements on this forum is? It's quickly taking over and ruining this forum for people who like it. Can an administrator take that crap down? Sorry if it's something I just don't understand (roxors in China maybe) but it just seems like we have been super spammed over the past week.
Yes, I found this quite annoying

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We have a captcha in place. I'm fairly sure its googles new no-captcha, captcha. Its suposed to be the best one.
Quick look this account was created by a real person and several post were actually made relevant to the roxor... and then set loos to a bot.
Our attempt last week of moving to cloud-flare would have stopped this.

@ROXOR, I think its time we find some help from the community.

BUT... first I need to figure out why this user did not have a quick delete SPAM filter option.

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmed captcha is in place but I changed it to the I'm not a robot check box.
Signed up and installed Akismet Spam Protection service.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmed captcha is in place but I changed it to the I'm not a robot check box.
Signed up and installed Akismet Spam Protection service.
Build the members section and request some helpers.