ooooooooooo

Texas Roxor

txfarmboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just checking into the forum for the first time. I joined back in September when I bought my roxor and have been following the discussions since then. I've been a jeep fanatic for a number of years now so the roxor was a natural choice for me. I've also got a CJ2A that I am starting to restore, you can definitely tell that the roxor is based off the willys platform.
I was also wondering if anyone has pulled a load with the Strong Made hitch and how it performed. I've got an old trailer that sets up higher and should match the roxor's ground clearance.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven’t used the strong made hitch. The attaching plate is not as long as the Oem plate. I have pulled a 14’ cattle trailer with mine and the Oem hitch. It weighs 2800lbs empty. It pulled great with no problems. I would assume that the strong made with less bolting plate should not try to pull the full 3500lbs. It should pull a lesser load just fine.

txfarmboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was kind of thinking along the same lines. My thought was that if you had too much of a drop in the hitch (on the strong made) it might put a twisting motion on the cross member that the hitch is bolted to, and as you said the plate has several more bolt holes to secure it with on the roxor hitch. Thanks for the input.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The lack of backing plate was the main reason I sucked up the price of the OEM hitch. The tube frame the hitch hooks to is not very thick. I think you need as much backing as possible. The factory hitch is 3/8" plate. Roxor 14.jpgRoxor5.jpgRoxor 15.jpg

txfarmboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep, I agree. Makes sense, the more area bolted up to the rear frame/cross member the better. Thanks for the pictures, yours looks great.

B

Bister

I'll be installing m y factory hitch this weekend, maybe I'll do up a short, quick install video.

I got my cab, windshield and a couple other parts, so I hope to make a little video of each install like I did for the heater and my first oil change.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Crown automotive cj bumperet. $68 pair. Some drilling on the bumperet is required to fit existing holes. 2 fit 1 enlarged 1 new hole.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Crown automotive cj bumperet. $68 pair. Some drilling on the bumperet is required to fit existing holes. 2 fit 1 enlarged 1 new hole.

Im using those same bumperettes then painted the bolts. Added stringmade spare carried flipped sideways. The heavier tire rests on the strongmade hitch. Had to get Allen head bolts tight fit. Heavier spare so centered on the hitch to support. Drilled new holes n painted every bolt for fun

Strong made hitch was 120.00 on their site.
Heavier duty on that wimpy OEM bumper. I'm only towing a jetski & spare tire.

20190523_103808.jpg