ooooooooooo

Stupid question

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am pretty new to Roxor ownership. my question, why would I want to put locking hubs on. Is is just so I can leave the transfer case in 4wd and lock the hubs when needed?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No. No stupid question, that is how you learn.
I just put a set on my Roxor. Here is the advantage when the hubs are unlocked everything up front is free flowing i.e. no wear and tear, when they are locked the front actively turn even in 2wd, spinning everything in the front diff. I did a full analysis of mine before and after a 20+ degree difference in temp on the front diff. I posted a video on the forum of me changing mine very easy to do. I hope this answered your question?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you ever snap a u joint on the axle you can unlock the hubs and drive it otherwise you’ll have to remove the broken axle to prevent further damage to the axles or possibly even to the housing. Sometimes the yoke ends will wobble and damage a ball joint.

MapleLeafRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No. No stupid question, that is how you learn.
I just put a set on my Roxor. Here is the advantage when the hubs are unlocked everything up front is free flowing i.e. no wear and tear, when they are locked the front actively turn even in 2wd, spinning everything in the front diff. I did a full analysis of mine before and after a 20+ degree difference in temp on the front diff. I posted a video on the forum of me changing mine very easy to do. I hope this answered your question?
Going to be getting a set for mine as well, and your analysis is just another reason to go ahead and do it. Thanks!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well worth the $240 some dollars for Warn, I know a bunch of guys here got mile market for less and seem to be happy with them as well.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice let me know what you think of them. Super easy to install

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have mile markers and haven't had any issues but I can see why guys opt for the Warn.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure I’m following you. Are you saying warn because they are better known. I’m not a big off-roader, there is not much in New York, I just doodle around on my 140 acres and occasionally take a hunt trip to NC and VA and plan on using the Roxor on those instead of my brother in law’s quads which are a pain to haul a deer r bear on.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A jet sled fits in the back of the roxor when you push both seats up. Great fro hauling game.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure I’m following you. Are you saying warn because they are better known. I’m not a big off-roader, there is not much in New York, I just doodle around on my 140 acres and occasionally take a hunt trip to NC and VA and plan on using the Roxor on those instead of my brother in law’s quads which are a pain to haul a deer r bear on.

Both are solid choices but warn has a great reputation and imo gets the nod as the better of the two. Regardless of which ones you get carry the old drive slugs with you on the trail. If you ever break a lockout you can swap the drive slugs and continue on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk