ooooooooooo

Stage 1 tune long term reliability

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey all, thinking of getting a stage 1 tune from Diesel Freaks. Curious if I should invest mental energy into worrying about what a tune will do to the engine ling term. I know on higher tunes they ask that you get a stronger clutch etc.
I wanna have this thing around a while but the speed limiter and suppressed power leave a lot to be desired. I know this engine is used in India with more power but it's possible they "value engineered" flimsier components into the Roxor to get the price down.
Im new to diesels so I figured I'd ask!

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey all, thinking of getting a stage 1 tune from Diesel Freaks. Curious if I should invest mental energy into worrying about what a tune will do to the engine ling term. I know on higher tunes they ask that you get a stronger clutch etc.
I wanna have this thing around a while but the speed limiter and suppressed power leave a lot to be desired. I know this engine is used in India with more power but it's possible they "value engineered" flimsier components into the Roxor to get the price down.
Im new to diesels so I figured I'd ask!

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Call and ask them. You will like what they have to say. Short answer is stage 1 will never have any long term effect on your reliability.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can say that vivid was great for me and I’m completely satisfied with their result. Btw they gave me a special holiday pricing.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wonder how stage 2 would make it last?
Disel freaks has pulled their stage 2 tune for right now and it's no longer avalible. They have been having some inconsistent and unpredictable start up issues. Stage 1 is your best bet right now. I ran stage 2 for a bit and to be honest, I liked stage 1 better (better economy, smoother running, better starts ect). The only advantage was the increase in power.