ooooooooooo

Speed limit in Texas?

Buck Nasty

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was pulled over in Upshur county and told I couldn't drive over 35mph. Even on a FM road. I thought that was only for neighborhoods and golf carts. Anyone know something different?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I was pulled over in Upshur county and told I couldn't drive over 35mph. Even on a FM road. I thought that was only for neighborhoods and golf carts. Anyone know something different?
Well if you are using it as a farm vehicle, that may be correct. I use mine in east Texas. So far not been stopped.

BDRAG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I believe the new off-road tags limit your use to roads 35 and under and a 2 mile radius. Now if your running under the ag exemption there is no limit on speed. Sounds like the officer is confused himself. Are you running the off-road plates?

Buck Nasty

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I believe the new off-road tags limit your use to roads 35 and under and a 2 mile radius. Now if your running under the ag exemption there is no limit on speed. Sounds like the officer is confused himself. Are you running the off-road plates?
No plates. I put the orange triangle on because I thought I had to. Not sure if I need it

Buck Nasty

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well if you are using it as a farm vehicle, that may be correct. I use mine in east Texas. So far not been stopped.

BDRAG
Do you have plates or Ag?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No plates. I put the orange triangle on because I thought I had to. Not sure if I need it
This is for AG USE ONLY: Ditch the Triangle. It’s not needed and draws undue attention. you need to have your lights on and an orange triangle 6’ off the ground As well as meet the other requirement. I also suggest having the statute printed out or a link/copy on your phone. Sometimes roadside education is better than a trip to the courtroom. Might even prevent your ride from being towed wrongfully. Everything is in 551A.057. TRANSPORTATION CODE CHAPTER 551A. OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLES

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Look at 551A.053. TRANSPORTATION CODE CHAPTER 551A. OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLES

that maybe when the officer was getting his 35 mph from. Or it could be that triangle as that’s supposed to denote a slow moving vehicle (SMV triangle) However in my search it looks like a SMV should have a max speed of 25mph.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Do you have plates or Ag?

No, I do carry a copy of the reg the txroadkill suggested. I use to run the triangle but changed over to the orange flag on one of my 102 inch whip antennas.

BDRAG

Buck Nasty

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No, I do carry a copy of the reg the txroadkill suggested. I use to run the triangle but changed over to the orange flag on one of my 102 inch whip antennas.

BDRAG
I have a laminated copy of the code. It doesn't mention speed limit but does mention the triangle at 6'.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a laminated copy of the code. It doesn't mention speed limit but does mention the triangle at 6'.
I think your confused on the triangle thing. Reread it. its a triangle shaped flag. Not a SMV triangle like tractors have.

Buck Nasty

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think your confused on the triangle thing. Reread it. its a triangle shaped flag. Not a SMV triangle like tractors have.
Dang it! I've read that 100 times and never saw the flag part. My brain went straight to smv triangle. Thanks for the clarification.