ooooooooooo

Soft bikini top ideas

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So my Rox has the full square roll cage. I was looking to see about buying a much cheaper YJ soft top. Anyone try this to make it work?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Many people have tried. The problem is that the roxor is a lot taller

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Many people have tried. The problem is that the roxor is a lot taller
Not sure how taller applies. I am just getting the full cover only for the top just an bikini top not the full enclosure

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Even if the YJ top is wider thats fine but a heck of lot cheaper than Rox prices

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Even if the YJ top is wider thats fine but a heck of lot cheaper than Rox prices
I think you will find, like I did, that the CJ/YJ bikini tops are a bit narrow at the center hoop. I just put a CJ bikini top on mine with a YJ windshield and the center roll cage hoop is about 3 inches wider than my friend's YJ. I made it work but it's not perfect.

CJ7 Bikini 2.jpg CJ7 Bikini 1.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think you will find, like I did, that the CJ/YJ bikini tops are a bit narrow at the center hoop. I just put a CJ bikini top on mine with a YJ windshield and the center roll cage hoop is about 3 inches wider than my friend's YJ. I made it work but it's not perfect.

View attachment 8017 View attachment 8018

So did the YJ windshield frame fit easily with minor fab work. I have zero intentions of using the Rox poly window setup. Like the idea of being able to fold it as well. Can u send me pics of it up front

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What did u do with the remaining Roll bar if u used the windshield. Text me any pics and stuff u have im interested on on how did it. 2089144113

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The YJ windshield bolts right on with no mods. Just use a set of CJ/YJ hinges. The only issue is that the lower-side bolt holes don't line up with the Roxor threaded holes. Everything else is a perfect match. I have been planning to weld up and re-drill that hole on the hinge to match the Roxor but havent done it yet.
I bought a YJ windshield frame with good glass at the junkyard; mainly to get the OEM wiper components. I did buy a new frame but still havent taken it to get painted to match.
I did have to do some fab work on my roll cage; cut 4" out of the center hoop and re-bent the rear kickers. It would probably be easier with the 4 person ROPS. I also installed the YJ hoop to windshield tubes.
I don't have a head-on picture right now but heres one that may give you some insight.

IMG_5356 copy.jpg

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here's a picture from when I first put the junkyard YJ windshield on. I hadn't made any ROPS mods yet, just took off the upper part and had a pair of old TJ hoop to windshield bars tyrapped in place.

Donor Windshield.jpg

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn’t think I would be interested in soft top
Ideas, but it does give me some other good ideas! Thank you for sharing.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

So I figured out how to use the YJ windshield and still leave full Rollcage intact. Ill send pics when I'm done doing Fabwork