ooooooooooo

SCAMMERS

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a bogus check on my refrigerator for $2380 for a clutch I had on CL for $750. Of course when the "movers" come to pickup the clutch he would like me to kick back the overage. I have a Ranger on CL and just got an email asking for the VIN#; for the bank, from a guy I never heard of.

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Yep,
People fall for this every day.

Back in the day, Picked up a few first run x-boxes. Listed them. Guy sent me a check it was 1000 over. Similar story, said he made a mistake and wanted me to send the difference back to him.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a bogus check on my refrigerator for $2380 for a clutch I had on CL for $750. Of course when the "movers" come to pickup the clutch he would like me to kick back the overage. I have a Ranger on CL and just got an email asking for the VIN#; for the bank, from a guy I never heard of.
That’s nasty stuff, CL has a not so good rep when it comes to these schemes. Years ago ,when I was a power seller on eBay there was some of this, considering the world wide network, I only got scammed once....(Rolex watch, 6,000 $ fortunately I smelled a rat and never sent the watch the scammer wanted me to send to Indonesia !

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This was not my first rodeo with scammers. A call to the bank with the check number confrirmed the check was fraud. It would have been interesting to have had PD there when the movers came to pick up the clutch and the overage to see where it was going.