ooooooooooo

Roxor stumbles in 5th gear

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
22 roxor with 600 miles stumbles in 5th gear @1600 to 2000 rpm. Like its running out of fuel. This only happens in the first 2 miles of operation. The rest of the day is just fine. The misfire seems to be getting a little worse with more miles. I warm the engine up before I take off. But not sure if it's all the way up on temp. I go about 1 mile before I grab 5th gear. So I would think its near full temp. Just weird that its only 5th gear as 4th @the same rpms is fine. Also at full throttle and above 2000 rpms the turbo,engine,or bov rattles pretty loud, but I think that's normal? Not sure, comments on that welcome.

Last edited:

RoxinatorAZ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My Roxor did the same thing, it would get to about 50 mph and then the power would stop. I had the stage 1 computer upgraded and part of that upgrade is removing the speed governor. I would bet that is your problem. Do the upgrade, it will make your Roxor come alive, you will love it.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did some more testing. At 124 degrees engine temp it still stumbles in 5th. I think the tall 5th gear requires a little richer mix when the engine is not fully warm. So I've found a lean spot in the fuel mapping. At full engine temperature, the engine runs fine and no 5th gear misfires. It appears full temp is about 160 degrees. I would assume the diesel freak tune would probably fix this as well. My Mahindra tractor has a lean spot at 1500 in the winter, so I guess it's just a Mahindra thing. I think they have there engines setup for best fuel economy as my tractor@1500 only uses 3 quarts of fuel per hour at 71 hp.

Last edited:

always_sleepy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Could be fuel filter. Mine was pretty dirty after only 800miles, I think from just initial breakin. Also try the bleed valve on the top of the fuel filter to let any air out.