ooooooooooo

Roxor Stuck

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just wanted to get some feedback in running the Roxor on sandy / gravel creek beds. We do this alot in the summer. Run up and down shallow creek beds thru the water. The sand is sometimes firm and sometimes soft just wanting to get feedback on how you guys think the heavier Roxor will do compared to other ATVs or Side by Side units?

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wouldn't do it unless I had at least 1 locker. That is the type of roads I drive on. Lots of washout to cross. I got it stuck once in the soft wet sand. It didn't take much to get it out. I am a bit more cautious now. I do plan on installing a locker.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep. Putting rear locker on. I have to see how low I can run the tires. I'd like to go around 12 to 15 psi for that environment psi makes a huge difference.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I drive mine on the highway to get to the hunt club. I would need an air compressor to fill up to go home. I think a locker will do it. I'm going to put mine up front and install locking hubs ( highway use).

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
yes. I went back-and-forth on the front versus rear locker. I decided to go with the rear because that is what I am most accustomed to. I am putting the hubs on the front in case I take some highway miles.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I want to get my front locker and hubs done before the fall season. I have older Kelly hubs that will fit, but I will need the seals. Looks like I will have to make them. Did you find new locking hubs? Brand?

elkaholic

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I want to get my front locker and hubs done before the fall season. I have older Kelly hubs that will fit, but I will need the seals. Looks like I will have to make them. Did you find new locking hubs? Brand?
AVM makes hubs for the Roxor. I have a set of their extreme models which are at solid housing. They also have a regular duty set. Have run them before. C&C Equipment in Indiana carries them.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just got my Torq Locker in from On The Rox today. It is going in the back.
I also rounded up a Hub Puller, just in case the Garage doing the install did not have one.
The creeks around here have a lot of deep and loose Gravel/Sand. I plan to stay out of the creeks if possible.

I am sure that Wide Aggressive Tires with low air pressure would help out a lot. I would install at least one locker.

Bob R

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would go locker on the front first.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I started with locker on the rear just what I am used to but if need be will add one to front.