ooooooooooo

Roxor OEM Heater Installed - Thoughts

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just finished my heater/defrost install (yeah yeah gimmie a break lol). It's the single speed one with the cowl that comes up over the dash for defrost. I like it. Simple. Works.

It's in the 20s F here and I drove into town and around and it was comfy in there without gloves on. I have the extended ROPS style soft top, so it's enclosed. It's "loud" but this ain't a Cadillac. I did the EGR delete at the same time since I was opening the cooling system already.

Overall feeling - *thumbs up*

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'll take it on an extended trip down to Green Bay for Christmas and post how it does on a 4 hour drive.

B

Bister

I put a 3 speed resistor switch in, worth all $8.00. lol I added and extra hole and vent in the bottom back. I also put a 4th opening in the defrost. I like that defrost kit, no cutting. It looks like they quit selling it.

I got the switch and exact same vent from the place that supplies Roxor with the heaters. That heater core is used in lots of heaters sold even by other places. I think its a pretty good core/heater.

3 Speed Blower Switch With Resistor

3 3/8" Round Adjustable Louver

Last edited by a moderator:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So far I'm ok with it OoB, but we'll see on a long trip.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Heater Smeater, Who needs a heater! Lol.

I just threw on the cold weather cycle gear minus the helmet and drove in at 35 degrees this morn. Not an issue. I kept all my gear after trading the Roxor for the two duel sports I had. Them $20 Gary Olson ski pants are the ticket. Lol.

BDRAG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Up here in the North, we have a full set of Snowmobiling gear we JUST dusted off in the last couple weeks lol

I did drive mine into town at 35F once (topless).. it wasn't sunny. It was rough lol. Heater is VERY nice and makes the Rox my true 12 month DD. The Dodge can go back to being my ratty truck.

Last edited:

cowboy67

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am also going to add a heater kit at some point, but I'm going to do it at the same time as the EGR delete as some of you all have done. (since you have to do something with the heater hoses anyway!) But I have another question, I have seen several pictures of the dash panel with a turned/polished aluminum panel? Where do they come from? Was it an option I missed? Or aftermarket? It seems there are several around!
(p.s. still looking for more tailgate conversion pictures.)

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Weren't those the pre-release 1-299 Serial numbered Roxors? Mine is a VERY low 3XX # (329 or something like that) from 2018, and has the normal blackish dash.

The EGR delete really cleans up the engine bay and gets that ticking timebomb off the engine.

cowboy67

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks, I knew that it had to be more than just a couple of those around because there are several in pictures here on the forum. I really like the looks of them! And yes, the EGR delete is a must do! I have put it off too long now! I am just kinda trying to decide to do the ECM flash to keep the "check engine " syndrome from happening! All in all it's gonna turn into spending several bucks! Seems these things just kinda snowball! ( EGR , EGR cooler, vacuum junk, reroute heater hoses, add heater, flash ECM!) And I convinced my wife, this is just exactly what we need here on the farm!!! Now.... if its perfect, why do we need to change it? Well dear............

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would flash it.

IMO every new vehicle is various levels of *hit due to morons/cronies in California and DC, oh and the "Seat Belt Mafia".

Also IMO the Roxor is the closest new vehicle to "good". One must use this base vehicle as a means of making something good.

cowboy67

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You're right there! Yeah, I know seatbelts are definitely a good thing, but the way I use this thing, when I'm feeding livestock on the farm, I'm in and out six or eight times every night, that seat belt just stays buckled behind the seat! I will definitely send out my ECM for reflash, but I'll have to find a time when I don't need it everyday, which ain't often! With the weather gettin a little frosty just now, that heater is looking better and better too.