ooooooooooo

Roxor/Jeep Wave

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Being a old school jeeper. In my CJ I've always waved at other CJs and Wranglers in the 90s. Its what has been passed down through generations. I absolutely loved it. Now that I have my Rox I question if anyone else waves at other jeeps. I've gotten a few from older Wanglers and CJs. Not so much from the newer Mall Hoppers/payment princesses. Is it still a thing? The pride in owning a CJ and courtesy I feel is dying with all the new Fiat/Jeeps on the road. So do you wave?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wave but I generally wave to most others anyway. It’s still done but I think the new breed has taken to passing out ducks at the mall in lieu of waving to each other on the trail or road.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am in my mid 40s, I definitely remember "the wave". Yes, I still do it in the Roxor and the CJ, and still have people do it to me as well.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am in my mid 40s, I definitely remember "the wave". Yes, I still do it in the Roxor and the CJ, and still have people do it to me as well.
We need to hook up once the snow melts and go explore with our roxs the mountain behind you. I'm also mid 40s and remember jeeping with another jeep when I was younger

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wave but I generally wave to most others anyway. It’s still done but I think the new breed has taken to passing out ducks at the mall in lieu of waving to each other on the trail or road.
I can't wave to the Fiats that I'm sure never get dirty. Love your comment. The true jeepers I get waves from with a hint of confusion

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We need to hook up once the snow melts and go explore with our roxs the mountain behind you. I'm also mid 40s and remember jeeping with another jeep when I was younger
Definitely, frm my house to Frances Peak is about an hour.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've been up there in my pickup and wife's Traverse. Hr bountiful way or Farmington way? I'm done tearing up my truck and want to explore the narrow trails. Would be fun to get Roxor owners together in our area. Go trail riding

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Absolutely, hour from my place that includes 20 min drive to Farmington trail head. I tried to get a help together worth motounited. I would definitely be in. I'm getting ready to go down to Moab at the end of the month for the Easter Jeep Safari.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Definitely wave at all Wranglers. I usually get the wave first from all kinds of vehicles. You know, these things are so cute!! Oh, and the duck thing, my wife is all in. She buys the dang ducks by the 100s. We've gotten "ducked" at least 4 times.
Duck duck jeep is the website. Tells the whole story.:):)

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Definitely wave at all Wranglers. I usually get the wave first from all kinds of vehicles. You know, these things are so cute!! Oh, and the duck thing, my wife is all in. She buys the dang ducks by the 100s. We've gotten "ducked" at least 4 times.
Duck duck jeep is the website. Tells the whole story.:):)
Oh my goodness The duck thing I never new, spreading love used to be the wave. I couldn't do the duck thing ever! I get now passing out ducks at the mall, NOPE!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just about too many Wranglers around Phoenix to waive at every single one. ?
Full cabs and blacked put windows don't let me see the driver. I have a hard time just waiving at a vehicle and not a person. ?

But.... I have yet to make a fuel stop where there isn't someone commenting on my "Jeep". Even at traffic lights I have folks lower their window and commemt on it.
(I have yet to have that happen with my Wrangler).

There seems to be a certain admiration for the classic look: I hardly ever anyone tailgate me because I'm not fast enough for them. (Well, now that I said that...).

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's definitely fun watching people question what they are seeing. I've driven mine to work the last two days and love get the bewildered look from people. I love how zippy mine is. Everyone from work that's driven it just loves it. Not the traditional side by side but a unique one. Love not getting on the Razor bandwagon. The rox fit perfectly with my character. I only get waves from the more extreme looking Wranglers. Pretty sure the pavement princess never got the wave memo just the rediclous duck thing

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I get rubbernecked by all the cops I pass.... I get the jeep wave from most. I only have 300 miles on jezebel right now

jeeper50

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I got one of those ducks while at a jeep gathering with my 3B, wondered what it was all about. There was only two actual flatties there. Still looking for a rolled roxor to buy

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have no intention of getting crazy in my rox, I got out my stupidity off roading in my teens with my CJ7

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I actually sold a 17 Rubicon Recon edition with flatties on 35s mid 2020 when WV passed the law that said Roxors could be street legal. Got the Jeep wave in that all the time, though almost NEVER from the "Barbie" Jeeps and the "Off-road Princess" Jeeps. Now I get the wave in the Roxor from guys in TJs and older mostly. The newer jeep guys just don't wave at anyone, even other jeeps it seems ??‍♂️ I wave at everyone, I know most people I pass in my area ?