ooooooooooo

Roxor Clutching?

Timberwolf

I’ve heard no conversations pertaining to the clutch and the pressure plate. I for one would like to know how strong or how weak it is. As with most of us wanting to customize with larger tires that puts more of a strain on this particular part of the unit. Never had a diesel with a manual shift always had gas motors. One would assume with the diesel motor and all the torque being on the low-end that it would have a good pressure plate and clutching in it. My grandfather bought a 1961 Willis CJ five when I was born had a little gas motor in it with a 3 speed and it run forever.Thats how I learned to drive, this thing really really brings back memories and I’m getting the fever mighty bad.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Dieselfreak has a heavier duty clutch on the market now. They also are coming out with EGR delete pretty soon .

musclecar mike

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Do not own
happy holidays everyone, about 3 weeks ago I went to look at the roxor in person. I like almost all of what I see. but like anything there is always something that ticks me off. why anyone would build such a spartan, no frills simple machine with a "juice" clutch is beyond me. mechanical clutch linkage would be so much more reliable and and easily repaired in the field. the fluid hose to the slave cylinder is hanging out there at 7 to 8 o clock position on the bell housing asking for a stick to kick up and get into the hose or the slave cylinder itself. If a mechanical clutch would be to much for you then maybe the roxor is not your cup of tea. I am also not a fan of the "gauge", I believe a mechanical speedo and the 4 critical gauges [oil temp amp and fuel] would be the hot ticket. so in ending, give me some good gauges for the money you saved ditching the juice clutch. and while your at it, keep your tea.....mike out

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Dieselfreak has a heavier duty clutch on the market now. They also are coming out with EGR delete pretty soon .
Diesel Freaks clutch is a ceramic plate and will hold up better. I bought and will install within the next couple of months. If you flash the CP{U to increase torque/HP, the stock plate will not last very long--especially true if 4-wheeling. Timberwolf, take shortbus's suggestion and give diesel freak a call. They can give you good advice on the clutch.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
happy holidays everyone, about 3 weeks ago I went to look at the roxor in person. I like almost all of what I see. but like anything there is always something that ticks me off. why anyone would build such a spartan, no frills simple machine with a "juice" clutch is beyond me. mechanical clutch linkage would be so much more reliable and and easily repaired in the field. the fluid hose to the slave cylinder is hanging out there at 7 to 8 o clock position on the bell housing asking for a stick to kick up and get into the hose or the slave cylinder itself. If a mechanical clutch would be to much for you then maybe the roxor is not your cup of tea. I am also not a fan of the "gauge", I believe a mechanical speedo and the 4 critical gauges [oil temp amp and fuel] would be the hot ticket. so in ending, give me some good gauges for the money you saved ditching the juice clutch. and while your at it, keep your tea.....mike out

When I was working in East Africa we mainly drove the heavy landcruisers and they all used hydraulic clutches. I personally don't have a problem with them. Further, I think the idea with the Roxor was to make a reliable vehicle that was a model for simplicity. You can certainly add the gauges that you're talking about and they wouldn't be too hard to install. Others on this site have done it and posted video's.

musclecar mike

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Do not own
the weight of the vehicle has no bearing on the hydraulic system to disengage the clutch. disc diameter and it's material along with the clamping force of the pressure plate handles that load. I guess my main beef is, if that hose is somehow damaged by debris under the vehicle the clutch will not disengage. so the day is over. with the mechanical linkage you have chance to make a repair and limp her home. as far as the gauges, I thought it would be nice if they were standard equipment. but your right, a nice set of liquid filled autometers would be just fine. I would still like to see a mechanical speedo. the less electronics the better. keep it simple, thats what I'm all about....mike out

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Diesel Freaks clutch is a ceramic plate and will hold up better. I bought and will install within the next couple of months. If you flash the CP{U to increase torque/HP, the stock plate will not last very long--especially true if 4-wheeling. Timberwolf, take shortbus's suggestion and give diesel freak a call. They can give you good advice on the clutch.

Could I get some measurements and spline count off that clutch disk thank you!

sandyx

Founding Member
the fluid hose to the slave cylinder is hanging out there at 7 to 8 o clock position on the bell housing asking for a stick to kick up and get into the hose or the slave cylinder itself.

The clutch pipe guard for Thar.

CPP.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review - Team-BHP