ooooooooooo

Roxor 4.88 Regear

Quickdraw

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
New to the forum, lots of good info here! So I've had my Roxor for a year now (2019) and my only complaint has been the high gearing (3.73's). I've got a little bit of a lift and went up to 32" tires so that didn't help the situation, but even at stock the gearing felt too tall. First thing I did was add the manual warn hubs so I can drop it in low and run 2wd which works ok, but up in the mountains I was in 4 Low most of the time... I tried like crazy to find where guys have changed the gearing and there's just not much out there. Seems like the guys with the 2020's with the 5.38 gears are cussing that the gearing is too low! I took a chance and regeared my Roxor with 4.88's and absolutely love it now--much improved low end and didn't kill the top either. Mine is a manual and I can actually use 5th gear now. I debated over and over with which gear ratio to go with so I'm glad this worked out as well as it did. My speedo is all out of whack now so I just ordered the speedo calibrator from Lutz so we'll see how that goes, I'll report back once it's installed.

roxor.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I love the 5.38 gears. They were too low with stock tires, but with 33s they are great. In a couple of years I'll likely go up to 35s due to the amount of mud we have here, but I'll be upgrading to 30 spline axles for that.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can have your ecu tuned to compensate for final drive ratio and tire size.

Also a whole host of other wonderful things like removing the speed limiters and getting double the power.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Iam running 33’s and waiting to install the 4.88’s with OX lockers. That should be perfect for my needs.