ooooooooooo

Reverse bulb

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I would like to put a brighter bulb , maybe a led for the reverse to make it brighter to see better when I back up.
Anyone try this? If so what did you use, thanks

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Most times you can’t just switch a standard bulb with LED, most times you have to put a load balancer in or it may throw an error warning.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@menotu: you can switch the incandescent bulbs in the existing tail lights with LED - no problem. I did replace the bulbs with LEDs over a year ago.
Match whatever you order with the numbers on the metal of the incandescent bulbs.

The LEDs will generate less heat than incandescent. I almost lost a tail light because the incendescent bulb melted a reflector.

I used these two (from the big online store):
- WHITE
4.6 out of 5 stars 1,144Reviews
GIVEDOUA 1156 LED RV Bulb , 1003 BA15S 1141 7506 LED Replacement Light Bulbs for 12V RV Car Camper Trailer Interior Indoor Lights Backup light etc, Super Bright 5050 18-SMD 6000K White,

- RED
4.5 out of 5 stars 8,077 Reviews
iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1157 2357 2057 7528 BAY15D LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Stop Tail Brake Lights, Brilliant Red

Match the color LED with the color of the lens. White-white, red-red, amber-amber.

- For reverse, use the white LED.

- For tail, blinkers and brakes use the red LED. The red LED will make your tails, blinkers and brakes very, very bright. I tried both white and red. Red LED won.

(Some forward planning: when you install blinkers and have LED bulbs, you will need an LED relay).

Hope this helps.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Color match LED and lens - you will be amazed!

The trick with matching LED color and lens color works so well because the LED can emit a very specific color (wavelength).

To make white light, a LED (or incandescent bulb) will use its power to emit a broad spectrum of colors. All these colors combined in the eye, make white light.
The clear lens will let all the light pass. The results is bright white backup light.
If the bright white light passes through a red tail light lens, only the red light (wavelengths) will pass. The rest (about 2/3) of the spectrum (and power used to make bright white light) gets lost.The result is a dim red light.

To make red light, the red LED will use all its power to emit only red light (wavelengths). All that power in form of red light passes through the red lens. The result is a very, very bright red light. The lens just helps disperse the light from a small red dot into a tail light size area.

Incandescent bulbs cannot emit specific colors (wavelengths). To get a bright red brake light with an incandescent bulb, the bulb needs a lot of power.

I learned this some years back when I wanted to build a bright red head lamp on a budget. back then, red light LED headlamps cost at least 2x what bright white ones cost.
I used a very bright white head lamp and applied a red lens. It was the most useless red light headlamp ever.
Then I remembered my college physics classes ..... and spent the money to buy a bright LED red light headlamp.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
2CD77F84-F68D-46AA-A2B3-81C0110DCCAF.jpeg

not exactly what your looking for but it was my solution. A pair of small leds from TSC work great. only thing I’d do different is get a work light. These are more spot vs a flood light. They attach to the license plate bracket made for Jeeps.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've replaced every incandescent bulb on my roxor with LEDs as soon as I got it. I used Amber side marker LEDs in the fender lights. The roxor doesn't have a BCM controlling the lights, it's a simple relay, so there won't be any issues.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've replaced every incandescent bulb on my roxor with LEDs as soon as I got it. I used Amber side marker LEDs in the fender lights. The roxor doesn't have a BCM controlling the lights, it's a simple relay, so there won't be any issues.

@Colderweather86: what LED did you use for the side marker? It is the only incandescent left on my Roxor and I want to replace it.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Colderweather: ok, I was aware of where the part number is on a bulb.
I'm away from my Roxor. Just thought you may still have a part number of the LED you bought.
I'll pull the bulb in a couple of weeks.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Colderweather: ok, I was aware of where the part number is on a bulb.
I'm away from my Roxor. Just thought you may still have a part number of the LED you bought.
I'll pull the bulb in a couple of weeks.
My roxor is buried in snow and ice, and it's 0° out. Too cold to go out there

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t quote me on it but I think it’s a standard 1157 For the reverse and a 194 on the side marker

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed the amber colored LED bulbs for the side markers in the feon fenders. Type 194 is correct.
The result are super bright side markers (which are blinkers on my Roxor).

These are the ones I installed:
BRISHINE 194 LED Bulbs Extremely Bright Amber Yellow 5630 Chipsets 168 2825 175 T10 W5W LED

The LED bulbs are a tiny bit longer than the 194 incandescent ones, but that is not an issue on the Roxor side markers.